• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny proofing room

bunkins

New Kit
I would like my rabbit to be able to free range all day and night in the house, rather than just when we are home at the moments. What is the best way to bunny-proof the house. I was thinking of maybe getting some plywood or similar to block off the TV area with all the cables, would that work? Or is there something that would work better? It doesn't need to be permanent, just be able to put up at night or when we are out.

Also, we have a house alarm, so would we be able to set it if he is out? Stupid question I know :oops:

I'd put it up all the time to be honest. Mine are good at nibbling cables even when I'm around :oops:

There are some pics of my bunny proofing on this thread...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=263523

I tend to go with cable conduit stuff as well as grid panels as I find two defences are better than one where wires are concerned!

Wow, that looks great! Where do you get the grid panels from?

Does anyone else know whether we can set the house alarm with him out? My boyfriend won't let me leave him out if we can't set the alarm :(

Does anyone else know whether we can set the house alarm with him out? My boyfriend won't let me leave him out if we can't set the alarm :(

'Mesh Storage Cubes' on ebay.

Re the alarm, nobody here is going to be able to answer that.

Why dont you try it?

Like Graham says search 'mesh storage cubes' on ebay or amazon. Also B&Q does them sometimes.

Thanks you two, I just found on ebay someone nearby selling 48 panels plus connectors! Hopefully he can deliver them though, fingers crossed. They would be perfect!

My buns dont set off the alarm in the corners of the rooms - they are lower than the sensor range, however, if yours are bigger buns or jump up on furniture then they could set off the sensors (im assuming you use sensors)

Most alarms have specific "zones" you can omit from the alarm but you would really need to look at your alarm instructions.

Good luck with the proofing - my two, molly and harry, feasted on the seat of a dining chair recently so make sure you think of all the options!

my dads alarm had a pet function where it would only set it off for animals/people over a certain size/weight.

Back