• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody in Teesside or the North East

Jay&Kirsty

Young Bun
***If this is in the wrong forum I appologise but need to reach maximum number of people as quick as possible as I dont think we have much time***

My girlfriend was talking to somebody she knows lastnight, this girls boyfriend has 3 lionhead babys. If he cannot find homes for them...the will be fed to his ferrets.

I know you will all be thinking the same as me! I have no more details as yet, im more concerned about my girlfriend trying to get in touch with this person quickly before anything happens. I get the impression he has bred them, then realised it is too much hassle for him or at least I think thats the story.

I cannot take on anymore rabbits, I have 2 that live in the back bedroom in our house and they are a handfull enough for us.

If anybody thinks they may be able to help in anyway that would be good. I see lots of similar threads posted from time to time and always think how harsh people can be but this is the first time ive come accross something where its ME who is the one trying to help.

Can you find out if the babies old enough to be away from mum and what's going to happen to Mum and Dad. I just got my rescue 2 on Monday so don't have much room in the house at the moment but will speak to my other half when he comes in and see if we can help.

Last edited:
That makes me sick.... I am desperately looking for another hutch otherwise I could have maybe helped out.

Ive got kirsty on the hunt trying to track this girl down as she doesnt have a contact for her. Like I say, thats all the info I have right now and its very sketchy at best. I dont know how old they are, anything about the parents, nothing at all.

As soon as I do, i'll report back dont worry about that.

I couldnt go and take them, our two live in the back bedroom, we dont have a hutch, the cage in the bedroom is never closed and just for litter and feeding. Have nowhere to put them and we dont see as much of our two as we would like due to work commitments.

...otherwise I would be there like a flash

I live in the Newcastle and if we had sold the house and I had the bunny place built I would take them.

There is a rescue in Seaburn not sure if they are still there but you could give them a ring.

Hi, I live in Durham and if someone could transport them to me I could house them for a while until they found more permanent homes- even if it was just a base of cardboard boxes in my bedroom. Message me if you hear anything else, I hope they are ok

I hope these buns are ok, was talking to the other half about them last night.
He even said why don't you take them on? then pointed out were would we put them at the moment??

has rachel seen this? (Pixierabbit)

I am going up to see her on Saturday with foster bun Eyorre, I had said no more foster buns, as some of my buns have not been getting on, I seem to have worked things out

However, if that is their only option, and if someone can cover costs I can look after them to save them from that sort of fate.

People, thanks for the kind offers recieved...Im sad to say though, we cannot locate thes people. They are a friend of a friend and nobody seems to know where exactly they live. I've been pestering Kirsty since she told me to try and track them down, without a lead of any kind what the hell am I to do.

She is back at work today so should see her colleague and I will try to get her to bug her a bit more...

:(

Back