• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Changing from PAH Wood Pellet Litter - alternatives?

Leigh

Mama Doe
Thanks to Kermit in a previous thread who has worked out the cost of PAH wood litter which is exactly what we have been using for years.

I use litter in my trays from pets at home, i use the wood pellet cat litter.
I have been looking for alternatives.

Dunno if this would be ok

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceri...pt&bmFormID=1294913831453&bmUID=1294913831453

The PAH one is 30l for £9.29 (when not on offer), so is 31p a litre, the sainsburys one is 34p a litre, so a wee bit dearer

We are both looking for an alternative, does anyone has any suggestions of something which is comparabale in terms of price and quantity?

Fluffers mentioned that quite a few people dont use litter but having seen the state of the box I changed yesterday morning (just over 2 days old) I think I definitly need the litter under the hay - apparently Duke and Libby have decided they have a preferred box and basically just use the same one over and over despite the fact there is another identical box which is then sat full of fresh untouched hay! :roll:

Thanks everyone :D

Thanks to Kermit in a previous thread who has worked out the cost of PAH wood litter which is exactly what we have been using for years.

We are both looking for an alternative, does anyone has any suggestions of something which is comparabale in terms of price and quantity?

Fluffers mentioned that quite a few people dont use litter but having seen the state of the box I changed yesterday morning (just over 2 days old) I think I definitly need the litter under the hay - apparently Duke and Libby have decided they have a preferred box and basically just use the same one over and over despite the fact there is another identical box which is then sat full of fresh untouched hay! :roll:

Thanks everyone :D

Megazorb?

85L for £7.00

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Megazorb-An...AUN8SCN2NESSA&s=generic&qid=1294237342&sr=1-1

I think most large supermarkets sell litter & I know Wilkinsons sell the wood stuff :)

The newspaper & hay method only works if you empty it at least once a day (I empty twice, sometimes 3x) :wave:

I think most large supermarkets sell litter & I know Wilkinsons sell the wood stuff :)

The newspaper & hay method only works if you empty it at least once a day (I empty twice, sometimes 3x) :wave:

om my - not sure i could lay my hands on enough newspaper for that! :shock:

going to have to stick with the litter - dont know why they cant split themselves between the boxes. they have most definitely chosen a preferred one though!

thanks fluffers :D

Thanks graham - is it me (my maths can be pretty wonky at times) or is that cheaper? significantly?

85L for £7 compared to 30L for £9?

Significantly cheaper.

The equivalent is 90L of the wood stuff for £27 or 85L of megazorb for £7 (plus ~£5 delivery).

I know where my mind goes...

well thats solved then! excellent! thanks so much :D

no more PAH - will sort of miss seeing the bunnies in there but then its so sad when you see them anyway :/

just impossible - sigh

See, i have tried megazorb and i hate it. It sticks to buns feet, flies out the litter tray and sticks to the carpet. Then it sticks to my socks and i find it all over the house.

The wood pellet stuff is all i would use.

I couldnt use just hay and paper as it would get too wet too quickly and i am out at work all day, so bunsters would end up with wet feet!!

dont know if anybodys mentioned but Tesco do the same wood litter for cheaper than pets at home. Also last week they had those big green tunnels for £2.50 each on offer...bargain

I use wilko cat litter as there is a wilko opposite us......however, they have only had the small bags in recently *not impressed*

I believe the bigger bags are 15L? And thats £5......I might be wrong though, it might be 10L :-/ I never bother to look!!

See, i have tried megazorb and i hate it. It sticks to buns feet, flies out the litter tray and sticks to the carpet. Then it sticks to my socks and i find it all over the house.

The wood pellet stuff is all i would use.

I couldnt use just hay and paper as it would get too wet too quickly and i am out at work all day, so bunsters would end up with wet feet!!

So long as you put plenty of newspapers in at the bottom and then a good helping of hay this shouldn't happen :) The bottom layers don't ever get wet. I do have 3 friends who save their papers for me though as I get through around 3-4 complete papers per day :shock::lol:

My system that works is megazorb at the bottom, covered with hay. That will last a day. I do put load of hay in though! Equivalent of a pah bag probably per tray.

I have a problem that i can't have megazorb sticking to ava's bum. I've found ecobed really good and also alot for your money.

Back