• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

List of "good" pet shops

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Reading the other threads I think it's clear we could all maybe benefit from recommendations of good petshops that do not sell livestock. I'd be happy to edit this post and update it with addresses and such. A great big list of ethical shops across the UK would surely be useful?

Sorry if this has been done already and I've been stupid and missed it. Dunno if it's possible to see what I'm trying to do with the list.

Scotland

Torwood garden centre
Bellsdyke Rd
Larbert
Stirlingshire
FK5 4EG
01324 553 152
Recommends customers visit a rescue centre. Good range of toys, treats and food for all pets.

Russells Country Store
Larbert Mill
Stirling Road
LARBERT
FK5 3NH
01324 555535

and

Wester Woodside Farm
Linlithgow
EH49 6QE
01506 652 830
Equine and pet feeds

Pet Pals Pet Shop
Main Street
Lairg,
Sutherland
IV27 4DD
01549 402 913
Has good range of food, treats and toys but does sell small hutches.

England

Partners Pet Supermarkets Group LTD
North Orbital Road
St Albans
Hertfordshire
AL2 1DL
01727 827500
Large selection of toys, food, cages for all pets.

G J W Titmuss Ltd
New Mill
Lamer Lane
Wheathampstead
Hertfordshire
AL4 8RG
0158283 3883
Wildlife, pet, pond and equine accessories.

Petsworld Animal Food Centres
77/79 Landsdowne Drive
Loughborough
Leicestershire
LE11 2BX
01509 239503

and

6A Jackson Street
Coalville
Leicestershire
LE67 3LT
01530 831183
Happy to order products into stores for customers.

Percy Chapman & sons
2 Colne Road
off Heath Road
Twickenham
Middlesex
TW1 4JP
0808 118 0822
Non livestock selling pet shops, sells hay by the bale, will order any food / ietm in to order and will deliver for a small charge.

Frogpool Manor
Speedgate Enterprises Limited
Perry Street
Chislehurst
Kent
BR7 6HA
020 8300 0716
Pet and equine store which sells horses but not other pets.

Wales

Ireland

Northern Ireland

Pet Warehouse
5 harrys Road
Hillsborough
Lisburn
County Down
BT26 6HJ
028 9268 0049
Large selection of foods, treats and cages for all pets

Last edited:
I think its a great idea I just wasnt sure if under forum rules we were allowed.

Perhaps we need a sticky which is updated so that its just one post long which lists all the shops by regions otherwise the thread could get so long that noone will be able to find anything? :)

what does everyone think?

MODS - would it be allowed?

Shoot I didn't stop to think if it'd be allowed or not though I knew we weren't allowed to name bad shops. I posted a great big thread regarding Torwood garden centre just over a year ago.:oops:

Just for Pets Northants is very good, although they do sell live animals, but they conditiosn are very clean and the manager is wonderful, they stock lots of good things, I would choose them over P@H any day :wave:

The only thing wrong with this is what is good to one person may not be good to someone else.

For example I think my nearest Pets at Home are great, but others may not agree.

The only thing wrong with this is what is good to one person may not be good to someone else.

For example I think my nearest Pets at Home are great, but others may not agree.

Maybe it could just be a thread listing pet shops which do not sell animals.

Maybe it could just be a thread listing pet shops which do not sell animals.

That should be fine surely?

There are two I use, Partner's Pets in St Albans and GJW Titmuss in Wheathampstead, no living creatures sold in either!

Aye the idea was that we just list pet shops that don't sell animals I think. Then again we could list decent animal selling shops too but make it clear on the list if they do sell animals.

Still unsure if it's OK to do this mind.:oops:

Pet Pals Pet Shop
Main Street
Lairg,
Sutherland
IV27 4DD

doesn't sell animals, but does have a good range of food, treats and toys for all animals, considering its a small rural pet shop. It does sell 3ft hutches though :censored:

That should be fine surely?

There are two I use, Partner's Pets in St Albans and GJW Titmuss in Wheathampstead, no living creatures sold in either!

Was going to suggest Partners. I've only been to GJW Titmuss once (following your recommendation ;) ) but it seems really good too!

Percy Chapmans
Colne Road
Twickenham

Non livestock selling pet shops, sells hay by the bale, will order any food / ietm in to order and will deliver for a small charge.

you know i think all our local ones sell pets :/

so im not going to be much help here! i would sort of recommend one but not with enough conviction so i shant and the other one i definitely would 100% not!

Frogpool Manor in Chistlehurst sell pet things but not pets but they do sell horses - they are kind of a pet store and equestrian store.

Well there's my local shop, Martin's it's called. ;) The local postman owns it, doesn't sell animals and his shops a right tip, bless him. :lol: It's good though. :D He sells bags of farm hay in bin liners for about £2 each and sells burgess and other good brands. I got a bag of burgess excel for my piggies and a bag of hay and got it all for only £5. He's great will also order in anything you ask him too. :) Also if you don't have enough cash to pay him there and then (if your like a £1 short) he will say "just give me it next time you come love" :) :lol:

Well there's my local shop, Martin's it's called. ;) The local postman owns it, doesn't sell animals and his shops a right tip, bless him. :lol: It's good though. :D He sells bags of farm hay in bin liners for about £2 each and sells burgess and other good brands. I got a bag of burgess excel for my piggies and a bag of hay and got it all for only £5. He's great will also order in anything you ask him too. :) Also if you don't have enough cash to pay him there and then (if your like a £1 short) he will say "just give me it next time you come love" :) :lol:

Where is this shop Mishchief and Tinkers mum?:D

Pet Warehouse outside of Hillsborough in Northern Ireland have a great selection of bunny treats and toys and don't sell live animals.

The Jollies in Lisburn doesn't sell animals but the one in Glengormley does.

Was going to suggest Partners. I've only been to GJW Titmuss once (following your recommendation ;) ) but it seems really good too!

Went GJW today, one of the lads was like "you're usually here on saturdays!", very friendly bunch they are, and lots of lads about to do all the carrying to the car too haha!

Back