• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Polish bunnies

William

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone have Polish buns? :) Just wondering if anyone has pics, info on the breed, health concerns they have, etc.

sorry for drag up old thread but noticed it had no replies i have two 7 week old polish rabbits idzi and asia , polish are known for being a little bit aggressive and dont always make best pets but i guess if handled any can be friendly, my two are very freindly as they have been hand reared since 5 days old

GEDC1236.jpg

polish don't usually make good pets I had one here that was handreared from 3 wk old and never adapted to being a pet and has now been living as a wild rabbit only coming out when it is dark and no one is around for the last 5 yrs, they are extremely highly strung and hate being in a cage, I wouln't recommend this breed as a pet

im ok with polish i know what they are like and happy to handle them, these are very friendly and have met a few that are nice but 90% of time they are nippy

Awww they are cute!

I always imagined they would look more like Nethies but their ears are BIG!

these are quite small due to not having mums milk but they are getting bigger :) polish are quite attractive looking bunnies they sit upright , its quite cute

the woman that handreared them owns a farm and fed them milk straight from the cow (put in a bucket and feed them) since i have had them i just give them a little cows milk of evening, but they now eating rabbit food and hay and quite strong

The US Polish is different from the UK one. The Britannia Petite in the US is more like a UK Polish.

I believe the Britannia Petite IS our UK Polish, the American Polish is small but much cobbier

Polish in the UK have a bad reputation for being extremely 'spirited'

I has handling a few yesterday, one sat quite still, others wouldn't sit still and were trying to dart all over the place. I've seen a few slip out of peoples hands and go flying off tables, although they're much more fun to handle than a rabbit that just lays there :lol: They seem to really enjoy standing on their back legs too

well i took these as they are friendly and will want pet homes, there mum was stunning but died when they was 5 days old, so i will either find them homes with someone who know the polish breeds or they will stay with me

Back