• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a good hutch?

The first one is better - I've got one of each and the first one is more solid, feels a lot stronger. The only downside is the middle on the front is not a door but a panel, where the Happy Hutch one is 3 doors on the front, I'd still go for the Rabbit Hutch Shop one if I was choosing :D

'J' says he'd be quite happy to tiddle in the corner of either of them :roll:

The first one is better - I've got one of each and the first one is more solid, feels a lot stronger. The only downside is the middle on the front is not a door but a panel, where the Happy Hutch one is 3 doors on the front, I'd still go for the Rabbit Hutch Shop one if I was choosing :D

'J' says he'd be quite happy to tiddle in the corner of either of them :roll:

Ah right thanks. :D Aww naughty bunny :lol: The seller did say he used his bedroom as a toilet and ignored a litter tray. :roll:

I would like a hutch like either of those. Spenser has a very good quality Ryedale hutch, but it doesn't have that type of attached run, so much more secure for the bunnies, although I do wonder how you get in to clean the hutch. :?

I would like a hutch like either of those. Spenser has a very good quality Ryedale hutch, but it doesn't have that type of attached run, so much more secure for the bunnies, although I do wonder how you get in to clean the hutch. :?

You send a small child in to do it for you. ;) :lol::lol:

Oh, actually I just realised you said hutch, I thought you meant the run. :oops: You can set them up the other way round too - so the hutch is at the front with the run sticking out to the back. That's how I had mine. :)

You send a small child in to do it for you. ;) :lol::lol:

Oh, actually I just realised you said hutch, I thought you meant the run. :oops: You can set them up the other way round too - so the hutch is at the front with the run sticking out to the back. That's how I had mine. :)

oh that would be a better idea, susie bun had me wondering the same thing! :lol: So how do you get into the run? :oops:

So how do you get into the run? :oops:

With difficulty :lol: I get in then have to get back out every few minutes with cramp :lol: The run is admittedly a bit of a pain in the bum to clean, moreso the bit under the hutch, i hoover it if it's dry (then get into trouble when my OH discovers the vac tube clogged with straw :roll::oops::lol:

oh that would be a better idea, susie bun had me wondering the same thing! :lol: So how do you get into the run? :oops:

I had the Sykes, so I don't know about the other one. With the Sykes though, the roof of the run is hinged so, when you have the hutch at the front, the run lid will open up against the back of the hutch. :)

So does that mean you have decided to keep them? ;)

:lol: not officially, still thinking. :) But need to find out how much housing would cost for another 2 and what is the right size, best hutch etc. :) Then will have to think about if the buns will need dental treatment and how often as I already have 1 rabbit who costs us £10 a month having his teeth burred, so if the buns would cost us too much in dental treatment, I wont be able too. :(

Was great to meet you yesterday by the way. :D

With difficulty :lol: I get in then have to get back out every few minutes with cramp :lol: The run is admittedly a bit of a pain in the bum to clean, moreso the bit under the hutch, i hoover it if it's dry (then get into trouble when my OH discovers the vac tube clogged with straw :roll::oops::lol:

:lol: so you can still get into it though? ;) Do you have any pics of yours please?? :)

There's a thread by Fluffers, showing the arrangement she has for her foster buns, Bouncer and Paw-Paw. This is worth looking at, but I don't know how to post a link to it. :oops:

Then will have to think about if the buns will need dental treatment and how often as I already have 1 rabbit who costs us £10 a month having his teeth burred, so if the buns would cost us too much in dental treatment, I wont be able too. :(

You probably already realise but, if you're working out if you can afford the two bunnies, please do bear in mind that dental (or any) problems can occur at any time. Even if they don't have problems now, they still might in the future. ;)

You probably already realise but, if you're working out if you can afford the two bunnies, please do bear in mind that dental (or any) problems can occur at any time. Even if they don't have problems now, they still might in the future. ;)

Yes, the buns in question definitely have dental problems :cry: We don't know if it is mainly bad diet or if it's all because they had bad teeth to start with, which might make a difference to the longterm. They are a year old now though so the bad diet issue has done damage while they were growing :cry::cry: *Hopefully* something can be done and the prognosis would be reasonable but they will definitely have dental issues:(

:lol: so you can still get into it though? ;) Do you have any pics of yours please?? :)

Here's some piccies I took when we first got it, I'm going to take some more this weekend when it's light because I got a made to measure hutch and run cover which arrived yesterday :D

We made some little additions to it, like putting one of the door security chain things on the side of the hutch with the other side on the side of the run lid so it can be hooked with the lid up, so the lid doesn't fall on you when you're in the run. Plus we got a couple more of the hook/loop thingies that are on the hutch and put them on the front two corners of the run lid so that it can be padlocked.

We've moved it now so it's half on grass half on concrete.

blackberry017.jpg
[/IMG]

blackberry019.jpg
[/IMG]

blackberry016.jpg
[/IMG]

Back