• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new rabbit - Roo

I adopted Roo from a freecycler who was keeping her in a tesco crate because her hutch was broken. I rescured her altho I disagree in animals being offered or wanted on freecycle (I run the Stafford group and our rule is NO).

She seems healthy but is going for a vet check up tonight. We were talking about Kangaroo's in the car on the way back from collecting her and the name Roo cropt up.

I think she is female as she has no balls but have been told that doesn't always mean anything. She has massive brown eyes, is black and white speckled and loves hay. She loves to bounce around and throw her cardboard box house around, she doesn't sleep in it for some reason. She doesn't eat that many pellets a day either but eats any fresh stuff I give her within half an hour or less.

Roo by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Roo checking if tunnel is clear! by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Roo in Tunnel by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Roo in run by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Beautiful - she must be so happy to have some space to hop about in...a tesco crate!:evil::roll:

So pretty - welcome to RU Roo!:love::love::love:

She's lovely. Looks like you have a nice living space for her too. Well done for rescuing her :D

The lady said she was like 1 1/2 years old, is there any way to tell?

The vet today confirmed she was female, said she was underweight and trimmed her toe nails coz they were going wild apprantly. She has good fur but is malting and said that she can be a risk to the guinea pigs near her (some chest infection thing) but it rarely happens and has given us quotes on her vaccs to have and to be spayed.

She's a good rabbit, she lunges at you only when you try and feed her or take her food. <3

The lady said she was like 1 1/2 years old, is there any way to tell?

The vet today confirmed she was female, said she was underweight and trimmed her toe nails coz they were going wild apprantly. She has good fur but is malting and said that she can be a risk to the guinea pigs near her (some chest infection thing) but it rarely happens and has given us quotes on her vaccs to have and to be spayed.

She's a good rabbit, she lunges at you only when you try and feed her or take her food. <3

I think you'll be talking about bordatella perhaps?

Back