• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet shops - from one extreme to the other

weeble

I have been in a new area for work today and called into a petshop. It was awful tiny cages no hay bunnies in with piggies etc. I asked to speak to the manager who wasnt in but I have taken their phone number to call back

Later in the afternoon I walked past another pet shop, their league against creul sports poster on the door caught my eye so I went in. The chap was lovely he had no animals for sale not even fish and when I commented on it he said it is becasue he thinks its cruel and said that shops dont make any money on them anyway. He didnt have any rabbit hutches but said he makes them to order, the smallest he makes is 5ft which isnt bad and he only uses T and G and screws rather than cheap wood and nails - he was lovely :D

Thats sounds brilliant, well, the second one anyway. Maybe when you contact the manager you should send them to the good pet shop for a look around.

The second shop sounds great! :) I wish we had something like that around here! My local pet shop is more like the first one sadly. :(

are we allowed to namecheck him under forum rules?

be nice if people knew about him so could shop there maybe??

just thinking :)

Back