• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay question

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in the Durham area that sells good quality hay bales. I don't drive anymore so picking it up could be a problem... What weight is a bale of hay typically?

Alternatively, where sells cheap, good quality hay online? I have had samples of lots of different Oxbox hays from Animal magic, and a box from Willow Warren, as well as a bag of Excel hay, and all of those went down well, it's just they seem quite expensive for how much you get (especially seeing some of the prices other people pay for hay on here!) Or is it not as expensive as it seems?

Any advice most welcome :wave:

Last edited:
*cough* bump :D

Sorry if people are fed up with hay questions buy the way, but I couldn't find anything relevant locally, so I thought I would ask

You could try searching equestrian supplies or hay bale or similar on google maps. :) Or search for stables and phone and ask where they get their hay from.

Back