• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunnies Love Bananas

John Lenegan

Young Bun
Hi everyone !

I was having a look at all these diet related post's and have not seen many mention bananas.

My two dwarf lop bunnies ; Princess 9 months , Shogun 6 months really LOVE banana. I know it contains allot of sugar so I use it sparingly.

Anyone elses bunnies love banana ?

Hi everyone !

I was having a look at all these diet related post's and have not seen many mention bananas.

My two dwarf lop bunnies ; Princess 9 months , Shogun 6 months really LOVE banana. I know it contains allot of sugar so I use it sparingly.

Anyone elses bunnies love banana ?

Yes :lol:

I get mawled (quite literally) if a nana comes into the room!

I feed a tiny piece (about 1cm) every couple of weeks or so when im having one myself, but they get it with the skin on :)

The RWAF leaflet says its ok to feed up to a tablespoon of fruit daily. I didn't realise it was quite so much and personally not something I'd do as not sure the sugar would be good for my stasis prone bunnies. However if you're giving just a small piece and have had no ill effects I wouldn't think there was much harm.

Thanks for help !

Graham ; my bunny Princess looks just like you bunny Biscuit, I will post a picture when I can work out how !!

Thanks for help !

Graham ; my bunny Princess looks just like you bunny Biscuit, I will post a picture when I can work out how !!

Can't wait to see. Biscuit seems to have a lot of lookalikey bunnies :shock:

www.photobucket.com, create an account, upload pictures, paste the

Mine go nuts for banana :lol: I only give them a small piece ever so offen though. Its great for hiding meds in by the way :D

Can't wait to see. Biscuit seems to have a lot of lookalikey bunnies :shock:

www.photobucket.com, create an account, upload pictures, paste the code :wave:[/QUOTE]

Yes I have a Biccy-likey too, my boy Max :)
The pic in my signature is from when I first got him, hes now a total lop, and darker around the nose and ears. Literally the SPIT of Biscuit :shock:

Mine too go nuts for banana (and apple) but they only get a tiny piece every month or two.

Ooops I give a small piece to mine daily , should I stop?

I'm not going to be popular with my bunnies if i do !

My bunnies get a tiny piece of banana every morning half a very thin slice, it's my marker first thing for saying 'good morning' the day they don't try climbing the bars for their nana I know something is up! They get a fenugreek crunchie and a tiny piece of apple (used to get the Burgess Apple bits but, was put off when I found maggots in a pack) going to bed aswell everyday - it's their routine.:wave:

Last edited:
Olive and Timmy love banana but I feed it only very sparingly and use it mainly for baytril when necessary. Nana hides a multitude of sins!!

nana is a brilliant weapon for bribery or medication - and very useful tool whilst bonding:D mine get a tiny bit every couple of weeks but they go totally crazy for it!

Back