• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch for 3 rabbits?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Last edited:
For a group of 3 rabbits most rescues recommend a total of 48 square feet.

If you are looking at hutches without runs this would work out at a 8 foot x 3 foot (24 square feet), a double storey would make 48 square feet.

If you get a triple storey you could have a 6 x 2.5 (15 square feet) as a triple storey you would get 45 square feet.

The company you are looking at will make any hutch to what ever you specification you want, ring them up and tell them what you want and they will quote you.

I have had hutches from this company and their service was excellent, the hutches were strong but VERY HEAVY. Ensure when moving them you have adequate help.

Normally they are delivered on a Sunday morning VERY early. Mine arrived at 7 am and they had already done 5 drop offs! a few people on here have had theirs arrive at 3 am in the morning.

a few people on here have had theirs arrive at 3 am in the morning.

:shock:

weight might be an issue then, im looking at them on my thread

i guess they are so heavy though because they are so well built - the forsham cottages look heavy too and again i suspect its to do with how well built they are

Whats the longevity difference between the 9mm and 6mm plywood? the 6mm might at least help make it just slightly lighter....

For a group of 3 rabbits most rescues recommend a total of 48 square feet.

If you are looking at hutches without runs this would work out at a 8 foot x 3 foot (24 square feet), a double storey would make 48 square feet.

If you get a triple storey you could have a 6 x 2.5 (15 square feet) as a triple storey you would get 45 square feet.

The company you are looking at will make any hutch to what ever you specification you want, ring them up and tell them what you want and they will quote you.

I have had hutches from this company and their service was excellent, the hutches were strong but VERY HEAVY. Ensure when moving them you have adequate help.

Normally they are delivered on a Sunday morning VERY early. Mine arrived at 7 am and they had already done 5 drop offs! a few people on here have had theirs arrive at 3 am in the morning.

3am!!!!!!!!!:censored:

lol! hmm heavy is not too good, got no back acsess to the garden so will have to go through the house!! hmm will have to work tht out

they seem very sturdy and I want something tht is going to last a good few years!!

There VERY expensive but i think worth the money!

I will have to ring them and look into it more, i don't need it untill nearer the summer a the buns are not even neuted yet, and obv I have to save for ages!!

I;m planning on getting them a biigg run to go on the grass during the day! but has to be foldded away at night (naggy mother!)

xx

Hi!:wave:
Here is a link to my outdoor setup - they are actually indoors over winter...but this is what they had. I did shut them in their hutch at night as the run was not secure for leaving them out overnight.

Ive actually got a third bunny - so will be useing this setup again & hopefully giving them free range garden time over the summer. I will also be letting them have access via a catflap to indoors - so more space there too.

Hope this helps!:wave:
I have a shed I want to convert and buy an aviary, but I have others to consider...:roll::lol:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=239961

Here is a link to my outdoor setup - they are actually indoors over winter...but this is what they had. I did shut them in their hutch at night as the run was not secure for leaving them out overnight.

Ive actually got a third bunny - so will be useing this setup again & hopefully giving them free range garden time over the summer. I will also be letting them have access via a catflap to indoors - so more space there too.

I have a shed I want to convert and buy an aviary, but I have others to consider...:roll::lol:

are you the one who is selling the hutch in the link u gave on ebay :L I saw one that is exectly the same on ebay :L:L

That looks fabby! :D

Back