• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panic mode!!! Don't know if it's paranoia setting in but I feel tearful!

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
Was cleaning the kitchen just an hour ago so locked Dexie in the living room and opened the hutch for Pumpkin to have a run around and her stretch her legs away from babies. (Needless to say, babies jumped out too!)
About 30mins ago, I heard a horrible snuffling noise... not a sneeze more a nose snuffle from Pumpkin. Now I'm paranoid that she has got the snuffles as all the babies will have it too as will Dexie.
I've heard zero sneezing (I'm always in the house as not in uni atm and always in earshot from buns) and have thouroughly checked babies and Pumpkin over. They are all eating fine, seem alert and awake and have no discharge from their nose or eyes.
It was only 3/4 snuffly noises, like she was trying to get something out her nose and that was it. I've heard nothing since... and there are some cat/Dexie fur flying round as they've decided to shed their coats.

Am I being paranoid???? :S

Was cleaning the kitchen just an hour ago so locked Dexie in the living room and opened the hutch for Pumpkin to have a run around and her stretch her legs away from babies. (Needless to say, babies jumped out too!)
About 30mins ago, I heard a horrible snuffling noise... not a sneeze more a nose snuffle from Pumpkin. Now I'm paranoid that she has got the snuffles as all the babies will have it too as will Dexie.
I've heard zero sneezing (I'm always in the house as not in uni atm and always in earshot from buns) and have thouroughly checked babies and Pumpkin over. They are all eating fine, seem alert and awake and have no discharge from their nose or eyes.
It was only 3/4 snuffly noises, like she was trying to get something out her nose and that was it. I've heard nothing since... and there are some cat/Dexie fur flying round as they've decided to shed their coats.

Am I being paranoid???? :S

Aww no :( Just keep an eye on her. Lola sneezed alot with her RTI, but Max did depending on when I'd changed the hay and what hay I used. His wasn't an RTI thankfully. Fingers crossed it's the cat fur or potentially hay dust. :wave:

xxx

I'd say more likely dusty hay or a FB (piece of hay perhaps?) up her nose, but certainly keep an eye on it.

If you have any concerns, stick to the proverb.

A Vet's Trip! :D

Schumi used to sneeze occasionally when the hay got up his nose. Bless. :love:

Keep an eye on her but I'm sure she's fine.

:wave:

If it makes you feel any better lots of forum members have buns with respitory probs who happily have bonded partners who've never been ill, myself included. Its not always as contagious as everyone thinks so even if worst case she does have a prob it doesn't mean they necessarily will all have it.

Thank you for making me feel better :D Guess if it gets worse, it'll be a vet trip for all 7 of the buns :( Now that could quite possibly be a logistical nightmare!
Thank you for making me feel better... Shall keep and eye and ear out for all of them!
Dexie has seemed off colour today (he actually wanted cuddles!) but he's been off for a few weeks... I seriously think he's so super lonely :( Can't wait till babies are weaned and bonding can commence! Am excited for our little trio of house buns :D

Mine sometimes make a snuffling noise when I'm adding hay to their cage. it was probably just dust or something in their nose, nothing to worry about unless you hear more.

Back