• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hands up who's bunny has been helped by Jacks-Jane :)

dizzyg

Warren Veteran
People of RU, this is a nice smiley thread :) Sort of linked to the Random Acts of Kindness thread in General Chat.

One of our members is feeling down and thinking she's not a good bunny mummy and I think she needs a bit of cheering up.

So, we all know lovely Jack's Jane gives excellent advice on a range of bunny health and behaviour issues (often putting vets right), so I thought we could have a thread where people say how they've been helped by her!

I don't have a bunny anymore :)cry:) so can't actually contribute to my own thread but I thought there might be others who have some "Jane helped my bunny" stories. Please share!

:love:

I know lots of members give lots of brilliant advice also, and also deserve lots and lots of credit, but I think Jane needs a bit of a morale boost at the moment so I thought I'd start a thread. Sorry if I offend anyone. I think all the advice and expertise given on this site is flippin brilliant.:love:

NB: Jane, sorry if you feel a bit funny about this sort of thing, it's just I wanted you to know how much RU appreciates you and how brilliant you are. If you feel offended, please let me know and I will get a mod to remove the thread

Last edited:
shes helped my out in alot of my threads and i havnt even been a member for that long :D

shes GREAAAATTTT!!!!! :lol:

Here Here. :love:

Jane's not necessary helped my bunny, but she's certainly helped me and given advice.

I appreciate we dont all know Jane's situation, but i do agree, Jane rocks, 'nuff said.

Gray

Me :)

She recently posted a thread (a few weeks ago) on the threat of coccidiosis which, after reading, I mentioned to my vet as we were very stumped on what was wrong with him. Charlie is now being treated for this and is actually putting on weight.

Thank you :)

So far, I haven't had any bunny health issues to contend with, thankfully, but if I did, she would be one of the people I would hope would reply to my post!!

I always read her health posts with interest, and possibly know a few things now that I didn't have a clue about before. It's a bit amazing how much she knows, because my brain only holds in the useless information I don't actually need :shock::roll::lol:

I always find Janes posts interesting and have learnt a lot from them, which has helped my buns, she sets a standard of caring for rabbits which is very high, I admire Jane's bunny caring skills and if ever my rabbit was ill or injured she would be one of the people who I would run to for advice.

Me, me! :wave: Not just regarding my own bunny, Spenser, but also my dear little rabbit nephew, Mr McFlurry.:love:

me :D Jane is just great and always comes along with something helpful to say. I always hope Jane will post on my health related threads :oops:

Jane gave me advice when I was worried about Bunski :wave:
She is full of wonderful knowledge.

Dudley: In Dec 2009 Auntie Jane told my mummy to tell the vet man that is was my toof that was stopping me eating! The vet didnt think so but Auntie Jane was right!!! Jane saved my life :D I loves Auntie Jane :love::love: I woulds give her my last Fenugreek Crunchie :D

:love: FANTASTIC LADY :love:

She has helped me many times, but especially when Bunicular developed head tilt, was rolling and very pootly. She suggested Stemitil, whoch our vets knew nothing about but happy to try and within a week Bunicula was much better.

Jane, without your advice I don't think Bunicula would still be here, in fact, I'm sure she wouldn't be :(

Me :wave:
She was a pillar of support and great medical advise during my bun Mimis horrific head tilt :love:
When I spotted something amiss with Timmy eye she correctly suggested Uveitis.
When Mimi wasnt right the other day she correctly guessed it was gas and on following her (and others) advise I managed to get Mimi better :D

Quite offen I want her advise before a vet visit so I know whether my vets doing what he should be :lol: Im a complete bossy nightmare to my vet as a result :oops::lol:

Thanks for everything Jane :wave:

Mineeeee. Chloe when I first joined she had stasis and Jane helped

Jane also helped me and was very supportive when I had my op :love:

I can't think of any specific time, cos my memory's appalling but I know just her advice on here form other threads has helped me with all of mine a huge amount.

:oops:

I really only pass on information gained from looking after my Rabbits. It's lovely to be appreciated, but I am not a qualified Vet, never could be !! A Bunny Savvy Vet is always the best option for a poorly Bunny.

Thank you for this thread, I just wish I could do more for Rabbit Welfare in general. Compared to all the Rescues on here my contribution is minimal.

Thank you again folks :)

I was beside myself with worry when Pansy had a post-spay hernia as I'd never come across this before. Jane put my mind at rest when she said she had been through this with one of her buns and it all turned out fine. :D It was just a few words of reassurance that made all the difference. I really appreciated it.

In all honesty even if Jane hasn't advised anyone directly the information made available through sharing experience/knowledge has probably helped a lot of owners and bunnies alike :love:

Jane was i believe the first person to reply to my thread when Stew starting dragging her legs suddenly one night.She and many others stuck with the thread and Stew all the way to the end.Thank you Jane xxx

Me:wave:

Jane gave me some good ideas for trying to get Benji eating hay:) She also always has a kind word to say on my "woe is me" threads, despite the fact that they're so minimal compared to other people's problems.. I really appreciate it:)

We love you Jane!

Back