• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should i stop her from running on the carpet

my rabbit has sore hocks only slightly and i want to prevent her from getting worse
my carpet is quite rough and im not sure wether i should let her run around on it or not

will she be ok if i let her run around on it? or will it make it worse
i chopped her nails yesterday so her nails are all fine and stuff

aslo can anyone give me price ideas on how much a spray will cost and how much insurance will cost

also kinda stupid but what does insurance entail? is it just so i dont have to pay when i go to the vets and stuff?

thanks

Hiya
Sore hocks can be esculated with carpet especially if its rough, could you lay something down when you let her run around? Even an old duvet or some sheets over the carpet would help.

A spay is usually between £50-£90, depending on your area, and the vet you choose.

Pet insurance is around £10-£12 a month and if you need it you pay £50 excess and then they pay the rest. if its a small condition say £100 you could have to pay it and then claim it back, if its a larger ammount vets often just claim directly so you dont have to pay out at all.

I would recommend insurance as i spent almost £2000 on one my bunnies once, he got an abscess in his hock.

An old duvet works well, or vetbed covered with something softer - like a cotton sheet. Even lino might be better if you could get an offcut.

Back