• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very quick update on the ebay bunnies, 'Binky' and 'Shadow'

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
They've been vet checked today. They are in good health, weight (2.8/3kg) and conditionwise.

The wet eye issue is not an infection and is most likely because their incisors aren't that great therefore tooth roots pushing on tear ducts. Their faces aren't sore so it's not a longstanding, chronic issue (either that or been well managed which is unlikely given the manner they were being 'got rid' of).

The chocolate coloured one has uneven molars but his incisors aren't as bad as his brother's and the beige bunny has incisors that are uneven and at a not great angle but the prognosis wasn't half as bad as the scenarios I had been running. :oops: Beige/Sonic/Binky may benefit from his incisors out but that's not a definite yet. No obvious spurs on conscious examination.

They've had their myxi jabs and are booked in for FHB to give them the snip and look at their teeth and eyes more closely next Wednesday, so there will be a fuller report then.

I'll wait until next week for a better prognosis dental wise before deciding whether to rehome them individually or as a pair, hopefully as a pair :love:

Thanks to everybody who has sent good wishes to these bunnies, to Emma and her mum for doing the first bit and to Jenni for encouraging me to breathe when i needed to :oops: (I do tend to stress a bit :oops:)

Last edited:
Good update, glad that any issues aint as bad as the couldve been.
Good luck for the ops next week x

thanks for the update, glad both are safe and not as bad as first thought, all the best with them :) xx

Sending vibes that they settle well. It's good news that they are in better health than was at first feared.:wave:

this is really great news - hope everything goes ok next week and fingers crossed they get a nice new family come to take these lovely two bunnies home :)

Glad the vet check went well. I hope the teeth problems can be sorted! I hope all goes well next week!

Thanks guys.

Well, I've just spent half an hour with these bunnies (I was supposed to be rearranging the hutches to face each other but it's been tiddling it down all day, I will do the re-organising tomorrow unless the weather is even worse).

For the moment the beige bunny is called 'Binky' based on his performance today - he also did a happy flop :love::love: He is just such a happy little soul despite his teeth. His eyes weren't too bad today, the fur was a little stiff but no wetness. He also groomed me frantically. If he was in a rescue he would be the one at the front of the hutch charming you to choose him :love::love:

His brother, for the moment 'Shadow' is equally lovely though more reserved. I'm not 100% sure if he licked me but he chin rubbed me a few times (which is uncanny because my first bunny, Bungee, also chocolate (though darker) was a serial chin rubber, she also had dental problems. He enjoyed having his eyes bathed, he was actually tooth purring :love::love: Both crave attention and are wonderful little personalities.

Hopefully their dental problems won't be anything major, they are certainly eating really well at the moment.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Well, I've just spent half an hour with these bunnies (I was supposed to be rearranging the hutches to face each other but it's been tiddling it down all day, I will do the re-organising tomorrow unless the weather is even worse).

For the moment the beige bunny is called 'Binky' based on his performance today - he also did a happy flop :love::love: He is just such a happy little soul despite is teeth. His eyes weren't too bad today, the fur was a little stiff but no wetness. He also groomed me frantically. If he was in a rescue he would be the one at the front of the hutch charming you to choose him :love::love:

His brother, for the moment 'Shadow' is equally lovely though more reserved. I'm not 100% sure if he licked me but he chin rubbed me a few times (which is uncanny because my first bunny, Bungee, also chocolate (though darker) was a serial chin rubber, she also had dental problems. He enjoyed having his eyes bathed, he was actually tooth purring :love::love: Both crave attention and are wonderful little personalities.

Hopefully their dental problems won't be anything major, they are certainly eating really well at the moment.
Aww thanks for the update. I knew binky suited him. :lol: i will upload a video later to show why he suits the name! :D i think binky and shadow sound nice together. :love:

Back