• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring Greens - storing

Leigh

Mama Doe
:wave:

We buy duke and libby spring greens every so often from sainsburys but because of dukes tummy they dont get too much at feeding time which means it goes limp and we waste half of it

how do you store your greens? its just such a waste :/

I buy my bunny veg once a week, including spring greens, and I store them all in the fridge. They're still lovely and fresh at the end of the week. The only time I have trouble is when they've been harvested during a hard frost or snow. Then the leaves tend to rot much quicker.

I get veg once a week, wash it all then put it all in plastic containers and store in the fridge.

ok, ill keep going with what we do - when i have put it in tupperware before the lid has condensated and im not sure thats helped the situation... i think they have probably last 5 days or so but by the 5th day they start to get pretty limp and it just seems a waste - i suppose we could eat it!

just thought id ask

thanks everyone :D

I keep mine in fridge but don't wash it till needed - and make sure it's out of fridge for 15 mins before I feed it.

Back