• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Tinks; my little Horsefield

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
:love: I adore her so much. Thank you Meghanne, I'm so very happy. :love::love:

SDC14945.jpg

SDC14946.jpg

xxx

She's lovely!

What do the furries think of her?

;)

Max sniffed her, but the others haven't ventured too close. The cats are curious, they're all used to my old tortoise I used have who was huge; but Tinks is so wee, it's ludicrous! :lol:

ETA: Lola used to sit on Herbies back back in the day as if she was a rock, I doubt she'll attempt that with Tinks anytime soon! :lol:

omg no turning back now tortoises are amazing many people think they are boring pets but we love jazzys tortoise taylor she is so fab
glad you have joined the tortoise fan club :love:

Awww Stef,

I'm so glad you love her as much as you do! Hope you're mum and dad aren't fighting you for her :p
She looks very happy (albeit a little grumpy, although that is Tinks for you!)
We've just got Daisy settled into her new home and she seems to be enjoying the fact that she's no longer being harrassed!
So happy that she's gone to such an amazing home!!!!

Hugs,

Meghanne xxx

:D She always decides to poo on the carpet when I get her out to play. :lol:
She's very comical; she's got a little Viola potted to munch now too :D :love:

OMG - she is beautiful! What kind of torty is she? Does she have a friend?
She looks like one that lived in the garden where I grew up.....they so lovely!:love:
If I knew I would never move house - I would get one for sure!:D

She looks like one that lived in the garden where I grew up.....they so lovely!:love:

She's a Horsefield :) No, she doesn't have a friend :( She lived with us up until yesterday when we dropped her off with Stef. She originally lived with her sister, Daisy but unfortunately... there was much fighting, biting and general aggressive behaviour from them both!
Torts are solitary creatures anyway so it's no surprise really! They are interesting little things to keep and we love Daisy!

She's a Horsfield. I rehomed her from 'Zahirre'; as her two female tortys were fighting, so at current no friend. Eventually when she's bigger I'll get her spayed; as I really want to minimise the chance of egg impaction in later life.

We had a med spur thighed before Tinks, but sadly she passed away Sept 2009; she was estimated to be 60-100 years as she was in my family for 38years but not from a baby. I believe she was a Spanish import my mum bought from a Petshop for the equivalent of 50pence.

She's so tiny; it's just so weird how small she is, since Herbie was huge in comparison as of course she was already of a old age when we got her. :oops: xxx

She's a Horsefield :) No, she doesn't have a friend :( She lived with us up until yesterday when we dropped her off with Stef. She originally lived with her sister, Daisy but unfortunately... there was much fighting, biting and general aggressive behaviour from them both!
Torts are solitary creatures anyway so it's no surprise really! They are interesting little things to keep and we love Daisy!
:oops: The title said "Horsefield"....I dont know about torties - :roll::oops:

:lol:

Shame they were fighting.....love the name Daisy - very cute....:love:

She's a Horsfield. I rehomed her from 'Zahirre'; as her two female tortys were fighting, so at current no friend. Eventually when she's bigger I'll get her spayed; as I really want to minimise the chance of egg impaction in later life.

We had a med spur thighed before Tinks, but sadly she passed away Sept 2009; she was estimated to be 60-100 years as she was in my family for 38years but not from a baby. I believe she was a Spanish import my mum bought from a Petshop for the equivalent of 50pence.

She's so tiny; it's just so weird how small she is, since Herbie was huge in comparison as of course she was already of a old age when we got her. :oops: xxx

oh wow - didnt realise people got torties spayed too! I thought they didnt breed very easily for some reason .....wow!
Is egg impaction life threatening obvioulsy? Is this common?
Will be sweet for her to get a friend later - do you have to do dates like buns too?

Cant believe you had a torty in the family for so long - thats so amazing - just wonderful! wow !:love::love::love:

:oops: The title said "Horsefield"....I dont know about torties - :roll::oops:

:lol:

Shame they were fighting.....love the name Daisy - very cute....:love:

oh wow - didnt realise people got torties spayed too! I thought they didnt breed very easily for some reason .....wow!
Is egg impaction life threatening obvioulsy? Is this common?
Will be sweet for her to get a friend later - do you have to do dates like buns too?

Cant believe you had a torty in the family for so long - thats so amazing - just wonderful! wow !:love::love::love:

I wasn't aware about tortoise spays until my late torty became ill. Due to our ignorance we always assumed she was a he; so 'Herbert'. She lived 38years of her life with us as a male. Poor thing:oops:. Due to us being unaware (ignorant in a word) ; by the time we discovered she was female; she had never laid eggs in her life-time; thus the vet after multiple x-rays, blood tests determined the problem was most likely based on this. Herbie put up a brave fight, I wish we'd done alot of thing different; but I grew up with her; so I never questioned her upbringing (I'm 20). She lived a happy and long life, I just wish her last months were more comfortable for her. :(

They cut open the shell and 'glue' it back together afaik.

I never realised male torties were 'moany' and humped things until I discovered some threads on RU..if I'd have known it would have been obvious Herbie was no way male. :evil:

I want to do all I can for Tinks. I adore her so much. :D

Back