• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problems with Ava? Diarrhea Again

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Ava has diarrhea again today. She hasn't had any food changes and the other two are fine on the same diet. Any reasons this may have happened.

I took her in the other day to have her fur shaved off and sudocream applied as she was peeing on herself and had the same problem.

Since them her poos returned to normal and there were no urine problems, now it seems to be back.

Any suggestions. Of course my first course of action is cleaning her back end up in warm water.

Does anyone get problems with excel- this is what i feed+ herbs and loads of hay.

I have taken in loads of bunnies in the past with bottoms caked in poo who have been on excell, these have always improved with changing their pellets.

You do need to ensure that you rule out infective causes as well as looking at diet and make sure that you have being very strict with isolation / barrier nursing of the buns to prevent any potential spread to other buns until possible infection is ruled out.

I have taken in loads of bunnies in the past with bottoms caked in poo who have been on excell, these have always improved with changing their pellets.

You do need to ensure that you rule out infective causes as well as looking at diet and make sure that you have being very strict with isolation / barrier nursing of the buns to prevent any potential spread to other buns until possible infection is ruled out.

Thanks Janice.

I never saw a problem on science selective with any buns. I think i may wean back onto that.

I am using disposable gloves at the moment and they are isolated in the house in one room. She is with her bonded partners though, who aren't showing any signs of problems at all.

This did happen the other week and i had her into the vets to be cleaned up/shaved. I also had her on antibiotics as she was peeing on herself and was applying sudocream as a barrier. Her poo was back to normal by that time.

I'm just concerned with her having it again. She seems fine in herself at the moment. I will get her back to the vets though for another check over asap.

Thanks again :)

Back