• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Techniques for bunny proofing entire rooms?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
So far i can see NIC cubes and these puppy pens can keep the furniture,wires, cables other electronics from being chewed etc.

Are there any other methods you have come across that are handy?

Please list any good techniques :) Thanks.

I just make sure that laptops etc aren't left plugged in if unattended!

I use puppy pens and conduit on the other wires.

Personally I wouldn't use puppy pen panels unless the wires were also covered with something as the pens have larger gaps. I tend to use the mesh NIC panels rather than the square gaps ones - and even then I tend to put this stuff over the leads too.

This thing is also useful for cable near desks.

Other than that I just try to limit cables - I don't have a television in my room - so the cables in my room is limited to my hifi and my bedside light and my laptop. Also trying to have all the cables in the same area helps as then you only have one area to cover cables - this is what I've done in my study room.

I have my PC in the bunny room. I have a piece of plywood the whole length of the desk at the back, all the cables are behind that, so no bunsters can get to them :)

When I had my house re-wired I had the sockets sited half way up the wall and a super-sensitive cut out fitted. Fitted locked bolted to the walls cupboards.
The floors are all tiled or laminate. [easy clean]
The doors are solid hard wood and almost every surface is wipe clean.

Who would have known all the adaptions I had done on my home for a couple of small boys with Autism would ten years later produce an almost bun proof home. :lol:

I have my PC in the bunny room. I have a piece of plywood the whole length of the desk at the back, all the cables are behind that, so no bunsters can get to them :)

That was what I was planning in the study too originally. The only reason I didn't do it was cos I found that rack thingy in Ikea so all but one of the cables goes in that.

When it comes to wires, my lot see bunny-proofing as a challenge. :roll: They managed to get through the corrugated cable tidy stuff so now my prefered method is large pieces of furniture.

Back