• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Boarding

sdow

New Kit
Hi,

I am in the process of setting up rabbit boarding, I already have a 12 x 8 shed but I'm having a dilemma on what hutches to use! I have 2 rabbits of my own but they are indoor so I've never owned a hutch before!

The minimum size hutch I will have is 5 x 2 x 2 (single hutch). But I'm not sure if should get single hutches or have them all with runs underneath for that extra room. I will need to get larger hutches anyway for pairs of rabbits.

I was wondering if you could answer some questions for me:

• What main things do you look for when boarding your rabbit?
  • Would you prefer single hutch, double hutch or a 'pen' for your single rabbit.
  • I also work full time - would that put you off boarding a rabbit with me?
  • Do you know if there are reasonable priced, well made spacious hutches that would deliver to Scotland?
  • Anything else you think I should consider?
Many Thanks!

What main things do you look for when boarding your rabbit?
Space, time, experience of carer, vaccinations of your own rabbits

Would you prefer single hutch, double hutch or a 'pen' for your single rabbit.
I would prefer a sing hutch for my single bun and a hutch with an attachted run for my paried bunnies.
I also work full time - would that put you off boarding a rabbit with me?
No, as long as the rabbits arnet left outside all day ( mine are escape artists)
Do you know if there are reasonable priced, well made spacious hutches that would deliver to Scotland?
Nope :L
Anything else you think I should consider?
Boarding price I would pay £4 - £6 per day for mine :)

What main things do you look for when boarding your rabbit?
Space, time, experience of carer, vaccinations of your own rabbits

Would you prefer single hutch, double hutch or a 'pen' for your single rabbit.
I would prefer a sing hutch for my single bun and a hutch with an attachted run for my paried bunnies.
I also work full time - would that put you off boarding a rabbit with me?
No, as long as the rabbits arnet left outside all day ( mine are escape artists)
Do you know if there are reasonable priced, well made spacious hutches that would deliver to Scotland?
Nope :L
Anything else you think I should consider?
Boarding price I would pay £4 - £6 per day for mine :)

Excellent! Thank you very much for your reply - That really helps a lot!

I will be making sure all bunnies have been vaccinated and that their certificates are shown to me. I will also make my own certificates available for people to see.

I forgot to mention I will have liability insurance too

Back