• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problem with a collapsing "Barbie wig"! (Caron)

yodelpig

Young Bun
We have been having little problem with a Barbie wig collapsing all over the living room floor lately! It is safe to assume that this little Lymington rescue piggy has become a proper pet.

Caron has even started thinking about maybe taking a treat off my hands at some point in the future!!!

10f1d453.jpg

5b535db2.jpg

3964ef4c.jpg

321963c6.jpg

174ecd1f.jpg

41e3d719.jpg

Eating pellets with a belly flop:
f4885a19.jpg

And here is my "Barbie piggy" in all her curly glory!
20a02010-1.jpg

The curls have come into their own not least through the fact that Caron has joined Nerys and Taffy as a "leftovers terminator" and has been putting on weight religiously! In plain speaking, she's become a rather stout lady under all that fluff!

I just LOVE your piggies, I think it's amazing the way they all live together, I would be in heaven. Partner and I sat and went through all your videos on youtube one night making lots of 'awww' noises :oops::lol:

Carons curls are lovely, wish mine did that! *hmph*

I just LOVE your piggies, I think it's amazing the way they all live together, I would be in heaven. Partner and I sat and went through all your videos on youtube one night making lots of 'awww' noises :oops::lol:

Carons curls are lovely, wish mine did that! *hmph*

I am glad that you enjoyed the clips. Behind the cute facade lies a lot of patience and persistence, thinking hard about what piggy to add and carefully planned introductions, tailored to each new arrival, in order to make this group of mainly nervous and skittish rescue piggies work!

I just hope that I can inspire other people to take the plunge and create their own little roaming herd that is free to follow their instincts as much as possible in a domestic setting.

PS: I have got straight thin hair that is as mousy as they come... :( This little princess is a Goldilocks come true - even without me dressing her up! :love:

Hehe, I was sooo confused by the thread title, but she does look like a wig!
I especially love the last picture :love:
Pretty piggy!

Lovely to see her so chilled out. As a foster pig she was a real pleasure to look after, please give her a hug from me.....but don't you dare disturb any of those curls:lol::lol:

Aw bless her! :love:

She's a little stunner isn't she? She's obviously thrived under your care. I love your huge herd too!

Tommy and Ronnie are free-range in the pet room now - they can come and go out of their cage as they please - and they are so comical pottering about 'talking' to each other non-stop lol. Tommy likes to wander round all the upstairs rooms too when we're with him as if he's just checking on everything. Piggies are so comical.

Nerys and Nia are both doing fine. Nerys is carefully nursing her ample figure and Nia is still busy trying to run a growing batch of hormonal girls!

Nia
d3bd89fa.jpg

Nerys
ae5d5fb3.jpg

Taffy is still doing her best to catch up with Nerys' weight despite sadly going blind with cataracts. Telyn, her daughter, had gut stasis in December, but has recovered completely and is very busy not missing out on anything that goes on!
cf7f0ad2.jpg

Cariad had problems with the changes in surface in front of the cage; she has extremely delicate sensibities when it comes to changes of any kind!!!
0ebfaa5e.jpg

Ceri is still the same lovely girl, as is Ffowlyn:
39e83a68.jpg

And Llewelyn hasn't given up completely on running his girls - yet!
079fc883.jpg

Last edited:
Back