• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Donate a day to a rescue in 2011

raine

Warren Veteran
With the number of rescues closing, it is vital that we support those that continue to rescue. As 2011 starts, it would be good if some of us could pledge a day of our time to help a rescue.

I know a lot members are already volunteering and this post is to those who havent, as yet, thought of doing that and would like to roll up their sleeves and muck in, and also meet other RU members.

Rescues currently needing volunteers:

Kirkby Rescue, Nottingham. Could you donate a day to Kirkby Rescue, Nottingham, to take some bunnies to their vet for neutering and collect? They are also looking for someone to walk their dogs.

Rabbit Residence nr Camb. previously had a volunteer day and a second was planned, which was cancelled because of bad weather. Another day is planned for March/April if anyone is free

Windwhistle Rescue, Glos. We are planning another volunteer day in March,
if anyone is free.

Barnsley Animal Rescue, Barnsley. Are looking for volunteers to help with fundraising (bagpacking at supermarkets when arranged).

If you can volunteer at any of these rescues, please post. If you have another rescue, that would like some help, donate your day there.

If you are a rescue and would like some help, please ask for it on this thread?

Last edited:
This is a great idea. :wave:

Even though it's a bit of a drive, I think I'd quite like to do a day at Alice's. It would be a good to experience another rescue other than Kirkby.

It's thanks to Alice that I have my little Sugar bunny. :love: Sugar and her 7 babies were part of that huge rescue that Alice did a couple of years ago. :)

I'll help out at the rabbit residence, couldn't make the last one but would go this time :wave:

Even though it's a bit of a drive, I think I'd quite like to do a day at Alice's. It would be a good to experience another rescue other than Kirkby.

It's thanks to Alice that I have my little Sugar bunny. :love: Sugar and her 7 babies were part of that huge rescue that Alice did a couple of years ago. :)

That would be great Tracy.

I have wanted to do some volunteer work with bunnies for ages, no one ever seems to want my help!

But I am in Cambs so would love to volunteer at the rabbit residence. Do you think they would take on a regular volunteer (like once or twice a week) or would need a fosterer?
I guess I should ask.
Was going to board my buns there when I went on holiday in may but now my brother has decided to stay home so he will look after them.

I'm up for Windwhistle and when the weather gets better I will do another couple of Saturdays for the rescue I foster for.

Last edited:
I have wanted to do some volunteer work with bunnies for ages, no one ever seems to want my help!

But I am in Cambs so would love to volunteer at the rabbit residence. Do you think they would take on a regular volunteer (like once or twice a week) or would need a fosterer?
I guess I should ask.
Was going to board my buns there when I went on holiday in may but now my brother has decided to stay home so he will look after them.

Just send Caroline an email. I volunteer on irregular saturdays but I knwo she has volunteers throughout the week aswell. I'm sure she would be grateful of whatever you can offer :):wave:

I volunteer Sundays at Kirkby while I'm at uni.
I'll be starting again next Sunday :wave:

Just bumping this up as I am sure post Christmas rescues will be needing more help than ever with the extra bunnies coming into rescue.

I'd love to do a day at Alice's Windwhistle. I'm away the end of March though so it depends on dates really. :)

It would be good to see you. It is nice doing a couple of different rescues. I have helped for a day or so at a couple and its nice to see different ones. :wave:

It would be nice to meet you :wave:

:D And it would be great to meet you too!!

I have had a package sat here for 2 months i've been meaning to send up. I really ought to get my bum to the post office! :lol: Tho if i wait any longer, i can take it in person! :lol:

:D And it would be great to meet you too!!

I have had a package sat here for 2 months i've been meaning to send up. I really ought to get my bum to the post office! :lol: Tho if i wait any longer, i can take it in person! :lol:

I'll go bump up the windwhistle volunteer day see if we can sort out a date start to middle of March so you can come along :wave:

Barnsley Animal Rescue, Barnsley, are seeking volunteers to help with fundraising. They are hoping to do bag packing at a supermarket in 2011, to raise much needed funds. Their vet bill is currently £2000. Could you help with donating a day to help with this, or something similar?

I would love to volunteer at Windwhistle as that's not too out of the way for me, if you'll take me of course ;)

Back