• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

plz show me ur set ups plz construction in process.

shadow05

Mama Doe
srry but i was interested in seeing how everybody set up for there buns. looks ike its back to the drawing board for scooter pen. gonna make it larger and with no cage on it gonna see how his is with it

srry but i was interested in seeing how everybody set up for there buns. looks ike its back to the drawing board for scooter pen. gonna make it larger and with no cage on it gonna see how his is with it

Just as an idea, dont attach the pen to the cage, but take the lid off the cage and sit it in the pen as a big litter tray :)

Just as an idea, dont attach the pen to the cage, but take the lid off the cage and sit it in the pen as a big litter tray :)

i though about this but though hed much rather just have a massive place that he could just do a full run a round. i think he gets annoyed with the run he has run cause he cant do a full out run.

i though about this but though hed much rather just have a massive place that he could just do a full run a round. i think he gets annoyed with the run he has run cause he cant do a full out run.

So what are you going to use as a litter tray to store his hay?

How big is the pen, i dont remember?

ah okay, didnt realise there was a tray on the left back side.

In which case yeah, setup the pen with a litter tray in and his toys on top of that cover you have down.

lol i need the duvet as the flooring i was thinking of tying some panels to the top of it VERY SECURELY! lol i dont want him to get knocked out while im not there. im gonna try this for a couple of days and if it doesnt look like its going to work ill put it back as it was until i can think of another plan lol.

i can sort of picture wat i want to do but i though if i looked at some other peoples pen set up i might get more plans for it and make it better. If i could get it so that its very sturdy i might be able to make a secound floor in some places with extra support of course for the shelves.

srry im just blabbing on now

I could post a link to my bonding threads as I had several pen setups in those but they are pretty huge :oops:

srry ive not been on much been building scooters cage and i think he really licks it. hes been quite behaved actually. hes only been digging a big and chewing the bars a bit but every time i move over to the door he follows and i was sat in his pen with him earlier and he started grooming himself right in front of me. then i go out and he just layed on his back. then later i found him perched on top og his house fast asleep lol will put pics up in a bit.

srry ive not been on much been building scooters cage and i think he really licks it. hes been quite behaved actually. hes only been digging a big and chewing the bars a bit but every time i move over to the door he follows and i was sat in his pen with him earlier and he started grooming himself right in front of me. then i go out and he just layed on his back. then later i found him perched on top og his house fast asleep lol will put pics up in a bit.

Hey, I was just thinking I hadn't heard from you in a while :wave: I'm glad to hear that scooter liked his new set-up, hopefully it is a sign of good things to come.

I don't have any pictures of the crate/run set-up I had when I was home from uni, but it was basically a 30 inch crate around one corner of the room, with an 8-panel octagonal-ish run permanently attached to the front. It worked pretty well except the panels moved, so I was woken up at night by Oscar rattling the panels! I didn't have anything over the top, but Oscar is quite a small bun, so I wasn't too worried about him jumping over.

Good luck to you both :)

Hey, I was just thinking I hadn't heard from you in a while :wave: I'm glad to hear that scooter liked his new set-up, hopefully it is a sign of good things to come.

I don't have any pictures of the crate/run set-up I had when I was home from uni, but it was basically a 30 inch crate around one corner of the room, with an 8-panel octagonal-ish run permanently attached to the front. It worked pretty well except the panels moved, so I was woken up at night by Oscar rattling the panels! I didn't have anything over the top, but Oscar is quite a small bun, so I wasn't too worried about him jumping over.

Good luck to you both :)

lol well his is made by panel but ive just learnt to buy ear plugs and go to sleep with them in he does lots of noisey things at night so just thought it would be easier.

im a bit worried when i go out tmmorow though gonna be out all day and i dont want him to do something silly while im out like he normally does my mom says shes gonna keep and eye on him.

if u ask me i think hes just tired and that why hes not got up to anything. im really juffed with how this set up went really wasnt easy at all started working on it at 1 and didnt finish until 6 lol.

will post pics up in a minute so u can see.

here are the pics!!

12012011168.jpg

12012011166.jpg

12012011165.jpg

12012011176.jpg

12012011173.jpg

there were more pics but they didnt go onto photobucket well. there was a really good one in there to that sadly didnt work well.:(

Shadow05 - well done, seriously.

That pen is so much better and he has so much more 'free space' than with the ferplast cage attached. Having the carry case in there is an excellent idea as it gives him a bolt hole and the panels over the top stop him escaping.

It's quite obvious that you really care about Scooter and are doing the best with what you have right now, so i just wanted to say well done.

Scooter is a lucky bunny :)

Bring on the neutering :)

Aw that looks really good, bet he loves it!

PS When I was looking for some duvet covers for when I was painting, I asked the ladies in a charity shop and they had a bag full in the bag room that were ripped ones so ready to be given to the rag man, they gave them to me for £1, big binliner full. Worth a try?

Shadow05 - well done, seriously.

That pen is so much better and he has so much more 'free space' than with the ferplast cage attached. Having the carry case in there is an excellent idea as it gives him a bolt hole and the panels over the top stop him escaping.

It's quite obvious that you really care about Scooter and are doing the best with what you have right now, so i just wanted to say well done.

Scooter is a lucky bunny :)

Bring on the neutering :)

thank u, im well chuffed with his set up, eventually after i get his neutering done and i can get rid of some stuff in my room that isnt need then he will have more space. eventually he will have a nice big dog crate the biggest size i can possibley get with pen attached dont know how big it will be altogether. but ill see when i make it.

hes been surprising well behaved all day from wat my mom says but she doesnt really spend much time with him and doesnt quite get his temperament, she thinks he nasty half the time when he isnt really. been sat in his pen with him for about 30 mins hes not bit me or scratched at my cloths once, no spraying either. the only time he sprayed was when i put him in and i think thats cause he was marking it as his place and it smelled a bit like me. he did dig at the quilt a bit.

but its going great so far but if something goes wrong hell go back into his cage while i fix the problem.

Back