• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can a rabbit forget how to...

Use a water bottle?

Lola has suddenly stopped drinking anywater from her water bottle so i have offered her a bowl of water and she has no problem with it. Its been about 9 days ago that she totally "forgot" about it:?

I don't know... Have you checked the spout to see if it's blocked? I once dropped a bottle and the metal bit bent a tiny bit, enough for it to stop working though. Sorry, not much help!

Use a water bottle?

Lola has suddenly stopped drinking anywater from her water bottle so i have offered her a bowl of water and she has no problem with it. Its been about 9 days ago that she totally "forgot" about it:?

Has she been like this since her stay in the vets?
My boy Sammy was given a bowl of water during his "short" stay at vets.. Now he flatly refuses to waste energy drinking out of a bottle and has to have a bowl!!

Use a water bottle?

my rabbit did this when i took him off it and put it on a water bowl and then put him back on it. with him it was more like he prefered the bowl to the bottle. just give it a bit more time should realise how to use it soon.

Maybe she hasn't 'forgot', just doesn't like it! Bunskis doesn't drink from a bottle, only a bowl

It just seems strange shes never had a water bowl, after nearly 24hours of her not having any water out of 2 water bottles, i changed over as i thought one may be broken but no luck! Then her vet stay she was using a bowl with no problem and now its the only thing she will drink out of. Its not a problem just shes confusing me:lol:

Mine all prefer bowls. They get frustrated with bottles. I suppose it's a bit like needing a big long drink and being given a straw. :lol:

This might sound odd but to experience what its like to drink out of those bottles......I tried it out.....what an effort it was just to get a tiny bit of water! :shock: After that odd experiment, my buns have water bowls. :lol:

This might sound odd but to experience what its like to drink out of those bottles......I tried it out.....what an effort it was just to get a tiny bit of water! :shock: After that odd experiment, my buns have water bowls. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: you're right, that does sound odd, but who of us on here doesn't sound odd most of the time?! :lol:

Biccy had a bottle in the garden centre he came from.

We got him home and he didnt drink, we thought just stress from the travel, new environment etc.

He still wouldnt drink that evening, so i put a bowl of water down, i've never seen a bunny slurp water up so much :lol:

Ginger was the same and i have no idea why :?

Bowls for mine! Can't think how it first came about - probably because it was summer and I thought they might appreciate a good slurp. They love a bowl of warm water. Have occasionally put bottles as well, but they are treated with disdain. Bowls easier to keep clean, too.

rosie and mowgli got used to their water bowl, that when i tried a water bottle, they didn;t have a clue what it was for :lol:

Back