PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit Placements North Somerset - updated

Amy104
11-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Nothing definate yet as I am still trying to get all the info, but a local rescue has appealed for help regarding a a number of rabbits which need rehoming following hospitalisation of a family member and wondered on the off chance if any rescues close by have any spaces.

They have forwarded me the direct contact details to I have contacted them for more information and hopefully if they are close enough I should be able to visit and assess the situation.

Hope I am allowed to post this, if not I appologise.

GrahamL
11-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Depending on a couple of things going on Amy, i may be able to help with bunny runs if needed :wave:

Amy104
11-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks Gray.

The lady who runs the rescue may have to go away urgently so has appealed to see if anyone can help. I live in North Somerset myself so am hoping it will be fairly local so I can co-ordinate things for her.

GrahamL
11-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks Gray.

The lady who runs the rescue may have to go away urgently so has appealed to see if anyone can help. I live in North Somerset myself so am hoping it will be fairly local so I can co-ordinate things for her.

Keep me informed, im only 20 mins from you with a heavy foot.

Amy104
15-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Owner has just got back to me:

Hi Amy,

Many thanks for your message.I am sorry not to have got back to you sooner.

I am not sure how much Mairwen has told you.

I now have 12 of 16 rabbits ,several who were rescued myself needing caring homes asap.

My home and garden has sadly had a rat infestation and my landlord is threatening myself , mother and daughter with eviction if the rabbits do not go immediately.

Sadly the stress etc of the situation has contributed to my elderly mother having a major heart attack a coupe of weeks ago and so things seem to be going from bad to worse.

Despite the seriousness of the problems I am most concerned that the rabbits find happy homes ideally in pairs.

I have two young brothers,about five months old.Not yet neutured but still ok together.

I have three more young boy rabbits now having to be housed separately until neutered.

There are two young does of about five months living as a pairl.

There are four more girls living as a group ,which I think I have found a fosterer for now, so there will be 8 left.

All the bunnies are young and healthy .They are friendly but havent had a lot of handing recently.

I am in the Bristol area , but can drive the bunnies to homes within a practical radius.

If you are able to help in any way I would be most grateful.

I have no room here permanently but will help in any way I can.