• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Placements North Somerset - updated

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Nothing definate yet as I am still trying to get all the info, but a local rescue has appealed for help regarding a a number of rabbits which need rehoming following hospitalisation of a family member and wondered on the off chance if any rescues close by have any spaces.

They have forwarded me the direct contact details to I have contacted them for more information and hopefully if they are close enough I should be able to visit and assess the situation.

Hope I am allowed to post this, if not I appologise.

Last edited:
Depending on a couple of things going on Amy, i may be able to help with bunny runs if needed :wave:

Thanks Gray.

The lady who runs the rescue may have to go away urgently so has appealed to see if anyone can help. I live in North Somerset myself so am hoping it will be fairly local so I can co-ordinate things for her.

Thanks Gray.

The lady who runs the rescue may have to go away urgently so has appealed to see if anyone can help. I live in North Somerset myself so am hoping it will be fairly local so I can co-ordinate things for her.

Keep me informed, im only 20 mins from you with a heavy foot.

Owner has just got back to me:

Hi Amy,

Many thanks for your message.I am sorry not to have got back to you sooner.

I am not sure how much Mairwen has told you.

I now have 12 of 16 rabbits ,several who were rescued myself needing caring homes asap.

My home and garden has sadly had a rat infestation and my landlord is threatening myself , mother and daughter with eviction if the rabbits do not go immediately.

Sadly the stress etc of the situation has contributed to my elderly mother having a major heart attack a coupe of weeks ago and so things seem to be going from bad to worse.

Despite the seriousness of the problems I am most concerned that the rabbits find happy homes ideally in pairs.

I have two young brothers,about five months old.Not yet neutured but still ok together.

I have three more young boy rabbits now having to be housed separately until neutered.

There are two young does of about five months living as a pairl.

There are four more girls living as a group ,which I think I have found a fosterer for now, so there will be 8 left.

All the bunnies are young and healthy .They are friendly but havent had a lot of handing recently.

I am in the Bristol area , but can drive the bunnies to homes within a practical radius.

If you are able to help in any way I would be most grateful.

I have no room here permanently but will help in any way I can.

Back