• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tilly- 1 year today since I lost her :(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
I cant believe it has been a year since that horrible day :cry:

Tilly,
You were my first bunny. When a friend of a friend announced she was getting rid of her rabbit and there was all the usual stew comments from people :roll: I batted my eyelids at daddy and he agreed we could take you. You had been living in a 3ft by 2ft cage for a year and a half with only an hour a day out. Your nails were sooo long and you were unspayed :( Your old mum wasnt a bad lady, she just didnt know any better. We kept you in your cage for the first day yo let you settle then opened the door, it was never closed on you again. You were the funniest, sweetest bun Ive ever known. You humped us like crazy at first :shock: but after you were spayed you calmed down. You would join me and daddy on the bed every morning for a snuggle, you'd lick our faces and binky all over us until we stroked you :love: On our lazy days off you'd sit with us on the sofa all day, only moving to nom hay pr use the litter tray. Youd roll over onto your back and sleep with your feet in the air :love: You became my little shadow, youd be everywhere I went. You were as much my companion as I was yours, we didnt need to speak to eachother coz we knew eachother so well anyway :love: Even when we got you your beloved little Timmy you still sat wanted to be with us all the time, and he adored you so much he'd just follow you around. You got him into so much trouble! You could be a right naughty little minx and you knew it! If you were doing something wrong and we told you know you'd grunt in response. We still laugh about the time we couldnt find you and were calling you for ages, then when I used my 'telling off' voice we heard a muffled grunt from behind the TV unit where youd been happily massacaring the wires :roll::lol:
We were such a happy and content family you, me, daddy and Timmy :love:
Then, a year ago today I woke up to give you your breakfast and as usual Timmy followed me out of the bedroom pesting for food. When I realised you werent there my heart dropped. I looked under the bed and you were hunched up and shivering. We wrapped you up warm in a carrier with a hot water bottle and got you to the vets. There was an impaction in your tummy and your temperature was dangerously low. Our fab vet did everything he could and sent you home with us to nurse. A few hours later you went very floppy and your pupils dilated. I considered rushing you back to the vets but the painful realisation was that you were leaving us. I sat with you wrapped up in my arms, with daddy cuddling us and Timmy snuggled with us and a few minutes later you took your last breath. Ive never felt so devastated, i kept hoping Id wake up and it was just a horrofic nightmare :cry: We left you with Timmy for a few hours so he could grieve, he groomed you and flopped next to you. It broke my heart into tiny pieces :cry::cry::cry:
For days after I couldnt eat or sleep, i just couldnt stop crying. It just wasnt right that you werent there anymore. Eventually daddy told me I had to stop and start looking after Timmy as he was so so sad. So I pulled myself together and concentrated on your Timmy, but it was months before O could think about you without crying.
A year on and I look at your piccys with a smile on my face. Losing you was completely shattering, but life with you was worth every tear. Even in your absence you brought us joy, if it wasnt for you we wouldnt have got our fuzzy Mimi as a companion for Timmy. Infact if it wasnt for you we wouldnt have any of the others and for that, and being my best friend, I am eternally grateful :love:
I hope you are resting peacefully at the bridge darling girl. You are missed and loved so so much. You will never be forgotten because you are always in our hearts.
Loads of love and nose rubs,
Mummy xxxxxxxxxxx

Benspics1257.jpg

Emzatuni900.jpg

What a precious little Bunny Angel :love:

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

What a precious little Bunny Angel :love:

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

What a lovely quote, and so true :love:
I just wish she was still here :cry: If anyone asks how many buns I have I say 4 :oops: I just cant bear to leave her out :cry::cry::cry:

im so sorry for your loss. your tribute shows just how loved little tilly was and that she was a special bun.xx

:cry::cry::cry:

Thinking of you today Gemma. Tilly was a beautiful girl, so sorry she had to leave you xx

Hope you and the rest of your buns are doing well :wave:

This has made me blub like a baby when I should be revising :lol:
I'm so sorry you lost your precious Tilly.
Let's just imagine she's up there playing with Scarlett :) x

This has made me blub like a baby when I should be revising :lol:
I'm so sorry you lost your precious Tilly.
Let's just imagine she's up there playing with Scarlett :) x

Aww thanks Spider xxx
I bet theyre getting into some right trouble together and rolling their eyes at their silly hoomins sobbing over them :love::cry: Im not religious atall, but I find it really comforting to think that Rainbow Bridge is real. I hope I go there when I die, imagine all the bunnies :shock::lol:

Back