• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friend with a bunny needs some advice

Jenson

Mama Doe
A friend of mine at work has a French lop. He's about a year old, maybe a little over.
He is free range round their flat all day with a cage as a base with his hay and litter tray. I think he was neutered at about 8 months.
He's just taken to leaving puddles and poops all over her hallway, every day. My advice on hearing this is that he needs a second litter tray, one in the corner where he keeps going out of the cage to see if this helps and stops the other places in the hall. I've also suggested that he needs hay in or right by his tray (it's currently in his cage instead of his tray).

Any other suggestions?

Sounds like good advice to me, he could also do with a little friend, personally I would be tempted to check out at the vets that everything is 'OK' with his water works aswell just to be sure it's behavioural rather than physical, has she noticed him drinking excessively at all?

Quick little update. My friend has been following my piece of advice (additional litter tray outside of his base) and so far no more puddles. She's very pleased so I've my fingers crossed it contiunes to work.

But I thought I would pass on the thanks as I wouldn't of known to give this advice without RU.
:wave:

yup more litter trays.....BUT it is like my bertie..if we get people come in he wants them to know its his house...so he does little wees or sometimes big wees along the bit of the lounge they walked.

also if someones been here he doesnt like even if theyve only stood talking in the porch or on the doorstep..hell pee there too:oops:

btw hes a grumpy 6 and a half nealry seven yr old frenchie i adopted when he was about 18months/2 yrs old.....and i blamed it on him not being litter trained..but he was..just i had to learn about territorial amrking even with neutered adult buns!!

at the moment he and bluebell are fighting over whos the boss of the dog bed and they both wee in it..on the blankets and cuddly toys too...yep busy washing machine!

Back