• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Straw

beki

Mama Doe
I am nearly out of straw! i need some more but not a farm size bale (as it has taken me about a year to use the one i have and i need the space for storing extra hay at the moment) and P@H is too much as i use quite a bit in the cold weather. Where can i get a decent amount of straw from, possibly about quarter or half the size of a farm bale for cheap?

thanks

Do you have a Jollye's near you? They sell reasonable quality 'bales' in plastic wrapping. They do 2 sizes, one of which is around half a regular farm bale and I'd say the other was about a quarter of a farm bale.

Have you got a farm shop near to you? they usually sell bags of hay?

If your local one only sells bales then perhaps you could take a bag along (big enough for how much you want) with you and ask them to fill it with straw and charge you for that...I'm sure they would do that for you :)

Back