• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Conservatory bunnies

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
My 2 are living in the conservatory, it's starting to get warmer here during the day now (although still dropping to 0 or below at night) what I'm wondering is if they can start going outside (in the run) for a few hours every day. Once a week they go outside during the day while I clean anyway but I want to build them up to going outside :) I don't want them getting used to it being warm in the conservatory because it won't be like tha when they go back outside :/

I think thats a good idea :)

Im sure they will enjoy sometime outside, as long as its not too cold outside they should be ok :)

Mine are in the conservatory, and on mild days I've opened the door and let them run around for a while. If its frosty I wouldn't, but there have been some good days recently. Its nice to get them out so that I can give the conservatory a really good vacuum! They go kinda binky crazy when they go outside so it must be good.

Mine are in the conservatory, and on mild days I've opened the door and let them run around for a while. If its frosty I wouldn't, but there have been some good days recently. Its nice to get them out so that I can give the conservatory a really good vacuum! They go kinda binky crazy when they go outside so it must be good.

Loxxy, have you, really? Seriously? If so, why do i not know about it? :wave:

:lol:

Sorry for the thread invasion Georgey :oops:

I think the short while outside shoudnt do them any harm, is the conservatory un-heated?

The conservatory is completely unheated, I've had to wear my coat over the winter while sorting them out! I want to move them outside again soon, they've started to moult because it's gettin warm in there now (by warm it's probably about 3-5 degrees!) I wonder when they can go back out hmmm

The conservatory is completely unheated, I've had to wear my coat over the winter while sorting them out! I want to move them outside again soon, they've started to moult because it's gettin warm in there now (by warm it's probably about 3-5 degrees!) I wonder when they can go back out hmmm

Apparently, April / May (i know thats quite a generalisation).

That's for house bunnies though ;) surely conservatory buns will be sooner?

Yeah i'd say so also - especially unheated. I think the problem is, the weather has been so erratic, its gone from -7 here to +11 in the space of just over a week. Stupid weather.

It's so confussing :/ I'm wondering if I could put them in thier hutch and run during the day and the dog crate in the conservatory over night hmmm

It's so confussing :/ I'm wondering if I could put them in thier hutch and run during the day and the dog crate in the conservatory over night hmmm

Agreed.

Knowing how much B&G enjoyed being outside (and how much Ginger's nose seemed to clear up) i wish i could put them out right now, but theres no chance as its so cold still :(

My two LOVE it!!! So many binkies when I put them outside! I've opened some windows to make it cooler in there, they looked so dissapointed when I put them inside :(

Back