• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Experiance with bullied buns

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
If anyone can remember the beautiful white fluffy bun we adopted from P@H when his last family left him outside the store:( Frosty was badly bullied by his bunny friend, his friend chewed all his back hair off:shock:

We've been working slowly to build up his confidence to humans but even after a year he's still scared, an improvement but he's never going to be my best chum:lol:

My dad wants to put Frosty outside as he really enjoys his outdoor time alot more than staying inside and he will have alot more room outside but i do not want to put him out unless he has a friend for those cold nights to snuggle with.

I'm worried about getting him a female friend and then him not accepting her because of his past. Do rabbits even remember that far back?

Has anyone on here taken a badly bullied bunny and successfully bonded them with a new friend??

I was hoping having a friend of his own kind would make him less scared and we are probably just giant scary hoomans to him:lol:

I got "Sophie" from Bunny Burrows.. she had been a stray and already rehomed twice before I took her.. She went back to BB each time as she was bullied by other prospective partners.. I had a neutered boy who had just lost his partner and as he was a gentle bun, I tried her with him.. She obviously thought she was going to be bullied again and just put her head FLAT to the floor and didnt move..as though saying "please dont hurt me"..
He didnt of course and she soon learnt that he was her friend! She adores him now and they make a lovely couple... so yes it can work... you just need to find the right bun.. Im sure theres one in rescue somewhere just waiting for you:)

Thats good to know poor girly, glad she has found happiness with husbun:love:

I always thought with the perfect wifebun Frosty will be better off, i am sure he must be lonely :(

Poor boy is of to be nueterd (forgot how to spell that):shock: at the end of this month, while his new outdoor home is built up, needs new slabs put down and everything:D

I'll miss him inside:oops::love:

Dill went in the rescue with severe bites to back,ears & genitals thanks to being put with another unneutured buck.He had to be castrated & syringe fed & the poor mite had to wear an elizabethan collar.He came to us after being bonded with our B.I wouldn't say he was a scared bun,in fact the opposite,very curious & mischievous.He doesn't like us much,in the fact he doesn't like being touched but will climb on us & take treats out our mouths-Barley on the other hand,he adores.They are a bond made in Heaven.Strange isn't it,you would think he would hate other bunnies after what hes been through,which makes me wonder if its the humans that made him how he is & not scrapping with another bun,who knows whats made him mistrust people so much but he loves my girly & thats all that matters.

Back