• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I keep putting it off

I've not done mine, ever. Always get the vet to do it, they did it last week, FOC for me while Gingey was in.

I would do that but vaccs aren't due til April and I daren't stress Smudge out by taking him to the vet unless it's vital. I got some new clippers recently as my old ones were getting blunt so hopefully it'll be easier.

*is still putting it off*

I've done Bunsks front but not the back. I think it will be a vet trip... we cant hold him to do it anymore :cry:

hi, do your rabbits kick or freak out? is that why your worried? i just have mine on lap and clip theres and they just sit there until they are finished but i know if you have one than hates it you can but them in a towel and then do feet so they cant struggle and hurt them selves :)

I keep putting it off too :oops: Due a myxi jab soon and I couldn't possibly turn up with long nails, it's just finding the effort to do it and negotiate a 9 month bump.... going to be fun! I really must just get on with it as well. :lol::wave:

I keep putting it off too :oops: Due a myxi jab soon and I couldn't possibly turn up with long nails, it's just finding the effort to do it and negotiate a 9 month bump.... going to be fun! I really must just get on with it as well. :lol::wave:

I can't imagine trying to do it with a big 9 month old bump :shock:

Brave PL, very Brave :D

And me...we got halfway through one foot last time and I got a kick in the face. Partner doesn't like cutting them but he doesn't hold her firm enough either :roll:

hi, do your rabbits kick or freak out? is that why your worried? i just have mine on lap and clip theres and they just sit there until they are finished but i know if you have one than hates it you can but them in a towel and then do feet so they cant struggle and hurt them selves :)

They're normally ok. I just have two strong characters (Mischa and Nutmeg) who protest. Especially Nutmeg.

Coincidentally I've done Mini and Smudge :oops: you can tell which two I'm avoiding can't you :lol:

:shock: I can't imagine doing it with a bump too!

I don't even try - definitely a vet job ... although if I manage to build on last night's cuddle, you never know! :D

They're normally ok. I just have two strong characters (Mischa and Nutmeg) who protest. Especially Nutmeg.

Coincidentally I've done Mini and Smudge :oops: you can tell which two I'm avoiding can't you :lol:

:shock: I can't imagine doing it with a bump too!

Poppy is easy peasy - quite obliging. Nino is the devil incarnate and snaps like a crocodile! :lol:

No I don't think I can do it alone this time, I think I will hold (as Coinenanch says some OH's just can't quite hold firm enough... too soft! :roll:) and get husband to cut them - I can trust him with that bit! :lol: I just don't think I can realistically bend over enough now to (1) see what I'm doing, and (2) not give myself tummy ache - it's bad enough putting socks on! :shock::lol: (Me... not the rabbits! ;))

I got Mum to put her hand over Mischa's eyes cos he just wouldn't calm and settle. Normally I find it easier on my own though then with someone else.

Just Nutmeg to go now. :shock:

I got Mum to put her hand over Mischa's eyes cos he just wouldn't calm and settle. Normally I find it easier on my own though then with someone else.

Just Nutmeg to go now. :shock:

Well done. Poor Nutmeg seems to have a reputation! :lol:

Back