• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit holidays in Bristol/North Somerset?

andy5898

Warren Scout
I just wondered if anyone could recommend any Rabbit holiday places in bristol or North Somerset. I have been to a couple but not overly keen on them. Can anyone recommend any good ones they have used?

Cheers Andy

did you mean boarding? eboney stays in tickenham and there are a few in nailsea and winterbourne i think

Last edited:
Keith and Jackie at Congesbury Small Animal Kennels have all 11 of my buns and my 2 piggies. I wouldn't leave them with anyone else!

They are members of the RWAF and are very bunny savvy.

http://www.csak.co.uk/

did you mean boarding? eboney stays in tickenham and there are a few in nailsea and winterbourne i think

How do you find them at Tickenham? I live right by them but was a bit put off by the hutch sizes and I've also seen piggies left unattended in open topped runs which isn't great protection against predators.

http://www.tickenhamrabbitcentre.co.uk/

There is also the Rabbit Ranch in Nailsea, but I've not used them so can't comment on that one.

http://www.rabbitranch.co.uk/

Keith and Jackie at Congesbury Small Animal Kennels have all 11 of my buns and my 2 piggies. I wouldn't leave them with anyone else!

They are members of the RWAF and are very bunny savvy.

http://www.csak.co.uk/

I have to say, i didnt like these people at all Amy.

I went there to see them before i confirmed a booking for Biccy (when he was a solo bun).

They showed us their own bunnies that were in a run at the time and he scruffed them both to pick them up and the bunny was not comfortable at the time at all, you could see it was scared as the eyes were bulging.

But i guess its personal preference.

They also didn't like the idea of house bunnies and offered the space available for a 4ft hutch and nothing else unfortunately :(

I have to say, i didnt like these people at all Amy.

I went there to see them before i confirmed a booking for Biccy (when he was a solo bun).

They showed us their own bunnies that were in a run at the time and he scruffed them both to pick them up and the bunny was not comfortable at the time at all, you could see it was scared as the eyes were bulging.

But i guess its personal preference.

They also didn't like the idea of house bunnies and offered the space available for a 4ft hutch and nothing else unfortunately

Oh dear, they've always been excellent handling mine, and I always get really big hutches. Though I agree I'm not sure they are that geared up for house buns.

Oh dear, they've always been excellent handling mine, and I always get really big hutches. Though I agree I'm not sure they are that geared up for house buns.

They offered me 'the veg room' on the back, just by that big outside aviary thing they have and said 'it could go ontop of this table'.

Glad you had a good experience - perhaps they are different with outside bunnies :)

They tried telling me off as i didnt let Biscuit outside very often :roll:

Glad you had a good experience - perhaps they are different with outside bunnies

I guess so. Last time we went Crunchie tore his ear and had to have a GA only that morning, I was absolutely beside myself and very reluctant to leave him but they were great with him.

They have a lot of regular clients, its such a shame you were given such a bad impression.

I think I drive them nuts though as every time I've gone I've had an extra bunny or two since the previous visit. :lol:

tickenham are great ebony is kept inside thier house and is given lots of room she always appears very happy

Thats good to know if my current boarding is ever full. I often buy my rabbit food and bits from them and Hubby even bought me a bunny from there when we first moved in.

It's good to know there are a few somerset locals on here! I have been looking at future boarding for my two Nailsea seems pretty inexpensive. There is http://www.bramblebunnies.co.uk/ but they're probably on the wrong side on Bristol for you though, and they charge loads! (At christmas they wanted to charge £20 a day for my two rabbits, so i just took them with me).

I have been to visit the Congresbury one and was not overly impressed by it. I didn't like the people who ran it (my personal opinion) so unfortunatley I wouldn't leave my bunnies with them.

I normally use the Rabbit Ranch in Nailsea, and have never had any problems with them, so I think I am going to stick to the place I know. I did book the Tickenham Rabbit place but it is quite expensive and I would prefer my bunnies to eat the food they are use too rather than them have a different food for the week.

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
I have been to visit the Congresbury one and was not overly impressed by it. I didn't like the people who ran it (my personal opinion) so unfortunatley I wouldn't leave my bunnies with them.

I normally use the Rabbit Ranch in Nailsea, and have never had any problems with them, so I think I am going to stick to the place I know. I did book the Tickenham Rabbit place but it is quite expensive and I would prefer my bunnies to eat the food they are use too rather than them have a different food for the week.

Thanks for your advice.

i paid £35 for 10 days and i took ebonys regular food and treats haveing only boarded cats and dogs befor i thought the price was ok

i paid £35 for 10 days and i took ebonys regular food and treats haveing only boarded cats and dogs befor i thought the price was ok

Was that Tickenham, because they have given me a price of £35 for 7days for my single bunny. Then £53 for the pair for 7 days. The rabbit ranch is about £15 cheaper which I know isn't a lot but it does go along way to buying a bag of food.

As I say though I have used the Rabbit Ranch before so think its better the devil you know so to speak.

Saying that though I wouldn't hesitate to go to Tickenham for a new hutch etc as they do have probably some of the best hutches in the area.

I have used Tickenham and was very unimpressed as my bunny came back very skinny and his metacam unopened! :shock:but that was a few years ago now so they may have improved.
However i have used Rabbit Ranch on many occassions, she is fantastic, medicates my rabbits no problem at all and is a very very nice lady who loves rabbits, i defo recommend her! :)

Saying that though I wouldn't hesitate to go to Tickenham for a new hutch etc as they do have probably some of the best hutches in the area.

Their hutches are very strongly built but I think they are overpriced and most aren't big enough.

Its really sad you and Gray had such bad impressions. They really are lovely people when you get to know them. The don't run it to make money its purely because Jackie loves rabbits so much. When we go hubby and I are usually there an hour or so just nattering away to them.

Back