• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing....

mlb84

New Kit
Hello :wave:
I have a 3 month old male lionhead and have been asked to adopt a 6 month old male mini lop(and I just couldn't say no).
I am very worried about putting them together, I have 2 days to figure out how best to bond them and I was wondering if you had any hints and tips?
I will just say both are un-neutered(due to their ages).
I have a huge 3 story hutch with under run, and have built a separate day run.
Advice please?

:(

I would say only bond them if both rabbits are neutered and its been 6-8 weeks since their neuters, otherwise its too dangerous for them.

My friend had 2 entire males, aged 2 & 1, introduced at different times but get on well.

However this isn't common so I too would recommend waiting until they are both neutered.

Thank you.....

Hummmmm so now I have to figure out how to keep them separate for a couple of months.....I am really sure that when I was a kid we put our rabbits together, they sorted out a hierarchy and then life was mostly peaceful.....we had 14 rabbits. All this seems so much more complicated than I remember :?

I think rabbit knowledge has come on so far that many of us did things years ago that we wouldn't do now. All we can do now is do the safest things and make the best choices with the current and most uptodate knowledge we have.

have decided not to take the mini lop on.
have found him a nice safe home to go to where he will be safe.
will adopt a companion when mines neutered and less hormonal!

x

That sounds like an awesome plan. Then you can let your little chap choose his own wifey, like at a rescue.

I'm sure my daughter will be requesting a girl next time....our lionhead is called Roger....so a Jessica rabbit is the nest logical step!
:love:

I'm sure my daughter will be requesting a girl next time....our lionhead is called Roger....so a Jessica rabbit is the nest logical step!
:love:

Neutered male / neutered female are definately the easier combination to bond.:wave:

Back