• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies can be brought back to health !

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Bunnies can be brought back to health ! Yes as you may know I found my gorgeous Frenchie Harry on the dtreets after the owners had moved house and left him :/ When I found him he his back enbd was just matts after matts of hair and poo. Its now been about 6 weeks since I rehomed him and is health is almost perfect !
He has gone from -
having matted hair and poo - to Only small matts left for me to cut out (they are really small and hard
to find )

Dull Harsh coat - to Siny and smooth fur

Squishy poos - to nice solid round ones

long nails - to nice clipped ones

green weak and yellow teeth - pure white strong healthy teeth

no diet - nice healthy diet of a handful of burgess pellets, hay , greens and fresh water

Harry has made an amazing transformation from a scared shy bun to a attention seeking cheeky thing.
I have written this post to show people that with the right care a rabbit who was on a terrible state can have a 2nd chance :D

Last edited:
:wave: Strong work with bringing Harry back to a happier, healthy bun.:)
I think many of us on RU have some great transformation stories too.
The tragic thing is that uncaring people let these buns get like that to begin with.
You'll have to post some before & after pics & let us know how his vet check, vax, neutering etc. :)

You've done an awesome job :)

There are many, many people on here who have also nused bunnies back to health, or to health, with similar care and time as you have given Harry.

Its sad that your message is only heard by those of us who also fight for bunnies, like you fought for Harry. Those that really need to hear it, won't, sadly.

You should feel very proud of yourself :) Harry is super lucky.

Well done nursing your bunny back to health. Rabbits are the most wonderful loving animals. Pics needed!! x

So wonderful Harry has a second chance & that you gave it to him! well done for caring enough xxxx:love::love::love:

wHat a heart warming story :love: Youve done a fab job on rehabilitating him, you should be really proud. Harrys a lucky bun :D

Back