• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I beginning to lose patients with this rabbit Plz help me Plz

shadow05

Mama Doe
im sorry but i know this rabbit isn't neutered yet and im trying my best not to have a go at him and ignore him but this rabbit is really getting my t**s. srry for the language but im sick of it now. ive tryed everything i can think of with this rabbit. can anybody suggest anything else to stop him from attention seeking?

he keeps digging on the duvet cover in his pen when he knows its bad. he also keeps chewing it and ragging it into the pen dispite me trying to weight it down with heavy objects. he will only do this when im in the room or have just left and it doesnt matter how long ive been sat with him giving him attention playing with him. also when hes been running around my feet every so often he will stop to nip and run off and run back and repeat the process all this while making noises.

i was going to give him newspaper and a yellow pages to dig in but im afraid hell eat it and get sick. at the moment hes got lots of cardboard things in cause its his favourite toy. hes got a box with hay in it. a toilet roll tube with some tissue on it not much. hes also got other toys like a rope toy thing with wood on both ends, a dumbbell to throw around, a ball that hes had since a baby which he use to put in his mouth and rattle about, he also so got pieces of wood to throw around and some sticks.

he has hay all through out the day to he always has a constant supply i make sure of it.

but please can somebody help im starting to lose patients with this rabbit. i really im trying. hes got at least another week until i have the money to get him done. please please can u help?

think you might just have to put up with it! maybe section him to an area which is rabbit proof!

im sorry but i know this rabbit isn't neutered yet and im trying my best not to have a go at him and ignore him but this rabbit is really getting my t**s. srry for the language but im sick of it now. ive tryed everything i can think of with this rabbit. can anybody suggest anything else to stop him from attention seeking?

he keeps digging on the duvet cover in his pen when he knows its bad. he also keeps chewing it and ragging it into the pen dispite me trying to weight it down with heavy objects. he will only do this when im in the room or have just left and it doesnt matter how long ive been sat with him giving him attention playing with him. also when hes been running around my feet every so often he will stop to nip and run off and run back and repeat the process all this while making noises.

i was going to give him newspaper and a yellow pages to dig in but im afraid hell eat it and get sick. at the moment hes got lots of cardboard things in cause its his favourite toy. hes got a box with hay in it. a toilet roll tube with some tissue on it not much. hes also got other toys like a rope toy thing with wood on both ends, a dumbbell to throw around, a ball that hes had since a baby which he use to put in his mouth and rattle about, he also so got pieces of wood to throw around and some sticks.

he has hay all through out the day to he always has a constant supply i make sure of it.

but please can somebody help im starting to lose patients with this rabbit. i really im trying. hes got at least another week until i have the money to get him done. please please can u help?

He isnt attention seeking he is just being a rabbit. They dont have human emotions

How old is he? Some vets will neuter from about 4 months depending on how developed he is

Is he a free range house bun? If so why not have a room for him or dog crate with pen attached. His behaviour does sound fairly normal though it is what rabbits do

He isnt attention seeking he is just being a rabbit. They dont have human emotions

How old is he? Some vets will neuter from about 4 months depending on how developed he is

Is he a free range house bun? If so why not have a room for him or dog crate with pen attached. His behaviour does sound fairly normal though it is what rabbits do

He seriously is just acting as rabbits do. Its different from people, with a different language, and different passtimes.

Its down to you to sort out whatever is bothering you, its not down to him. If you don't like him digging the duvet and can't stop him, then remove the duvet, or remove access to the duvet. Same applies to everything else. You have to solve the problem, not him.

Are you intending to get him neutered?

he turned a year old about 2 or 3 weeks ago i think. yes he has always been a pain thought out this whole year but lately its gotten worse. at the moment because of how destructive he can get he is in a cage with a pen attached will post pics.

after hes been done i do plan to expand a lot more going to get him the biggest dog crate i can get from ebay and if i can im going to add a pen to it. but i dont want to get him it until hes been neautered and less destructive.

i have tryed in the past to make him a free range bun but the room has not been bunny profed yet. he really seems to like the skuriting board, door and carpet so thats the main reason why he not allowed out unless watched very carefully.

he turned a year old about 2 or 3 weeks ago i think. yes he has always been a pain thought out this whole year but lately its gotten worse. at the moment because of how destructive he can get he is in a cage with a pen attached will post pics.

after hes been done i do plan to expand a lot more going to get him the biggest dog crate i can get from ebay and if i can im going to add a pen to it. but i dont want to get him it until hes been neautered and less destructive.

i have tryed in the past to make him a free range bun but the room has not been bunny profed yet. he really seems to like the skuriting board, door and carpet so thats the main reason why he not allowed out unless watched very carefully.

This is likely related to the start of breeding season being imminent.

He seriously is just acting as rabbits do. Its different from people, with a different language, and different passtimes.

Its down to you to sort out whatever is bothering you, its not down to him. If you don't like him digging the duvet and can't stop him, then remove the duvet, or remove access to the duvet. Same applies to everything else. You have to solve the problem, not him.

Are you intending to get him neutered?

yea i said in my first post that i intend to get him done next week if everything goes well.

im not trying to fix him i know theres no point he wont listen in fact probs dont even understand when i tell him no he just pauses very briefley and carrys on.:roll: just typically scooter. he has to have the duvet cover cause he keeps attacking my moms carpet and weeing all over it and then my mom threatens to put him in a stew if he doesnt stop it lol he actually behavies a bit after my mom says this but never for long. lol

This is likely related to the start of breeding season being imminent.

i thought it was something like this he only started circuling the start of decmeber i think. ive never seen him do it before then. so far he hasnt tryed mounting my foot but theres still time. lol

Ok, that's great you're hoping to get him done next week. I would suspect you will see improvements then.

He won't listen to what you say because you're speaking 'person', you're not speaking 'rabbit', so he doesn't understand, at least not on the level you want him to.

What about boarding? I found bonding on floors can work, or even a strip of lino?

this is his current housing.
19122010151.jpg

How about giving him a digging tray in his cage (maybe an underbed storage box) and then just using boarding, or lino or something similar on the floor outside?

Do you have a variety fo toys that you swap about?

Have you tried to stimulate him with food and such like? like hiding it so that he has to find it?

yea i said in my first post that i intend to get him done next week if everything goes well.

im not trying to fix him i know theres no point he wont listen in fact probs dont even understand when i tell him no he just pauses very briefley and carrys on.:roll: just typically scooter. he has to have the duvet cover cause he keeps attacking my moms carpet and weeing all over it and then my mom threatens to put him in a stew if he doesnt stop it lol he actually behavies a bit after my mom says this but never for long. lol

Lino would help and you can get an offcut fairly cheaply :D

Ok, that's great you're hoping to get him done next week. I would suspect you will see improvements then.

He won't listen to what you say because you're speaking 'person', you're not speaking 'rabbit', so he doesn't understand, at least not on the level you want him to.

What about boarding? I found bonding on floors can work, or even a strip of lino?

i am wiating for my mom to tell me wats happening with the spare lino she hasnt got back to me yet

How about giving him a digging tray in his cage (maybe an underbed storage box) and then just using boarding, or lino or something similar on the floor outside?

Do you have a variety fo toys that you swap about?

Have you tried to stimulate him with food and such like? like hiding it so that he has to find it?

no he doesnt really play with the toys that i bought him so they normally just lay around his cage prefers to play with cardboard i think. even now hes trying to stack a cardboard roll on top of another and its not working well either lol.

i have a spare litter tray that he use to have but took it off him cause it was badly stained and needed a very good washing it was also chewed a bit to death. i kept it around just in case if he didnt like the new one. ive not tryed with food i was gonna try and scatter feed him but when im at collage he is locked up until i get home just in case he is bad and does something naughty dont trust him enough to let him while im not there i could try it but might end coming in to find hes eaten some shower curtian again.

i know for a fact he loves to tear newspaper and stuff but he also likes to eat so i dont give it him. cause of the ink

im trying to get my mom to let him have a freind when hes been neautered and ready but she keeps saying no to tht too. i think him having a friend would really help him might make him a bit more nicer too.

im trying to get my mom to let him have a freind when hes been neautered and ready but she keeps saying no to tht too. i think him having a friend would really help him might make him a bit more nicer too.

That would def help if you can afford it and give them a bit more space once he is done :D

:wave: Sounds like a typical hormonal bored stiff buck, sounds like he needs a good run around to let of some steam, a varied diet of fresh green vegetables spread into two small meals, a treat ball with some little bits of chopped apple in which he can roll around to get them out and some cardboard tubes (toilet roll or kitchen roll ones) stuffed with some yummy hay and a couple of other things like a grass mat and willow balls to chew - ideally a mate helps to control this sort of thing which I personally think is largely boredom. What he is definately not is naughty although he may be attention seeking yes - I probably would if I were him, a year is a long time to be alone with all his hormones, try to remain patient and understanding, have alook on here at some of the toys, baskets, mats etc

It will take a while for his hormones to settle even when he is neutered, personally I would get rid of the cage and extend the puppy pen x3 of those panels you have now or at least cover it so it's like a tent and provides a draft free area to relax having it all open doesn't really give him an area to feel covered in which is another instinct they enjoy being able to satisfy.:)

www.thehayexperts.co.uk

:wave: Sounds like a typical hormonal bored stiff buck, sounds like he needs a good run around to let of some steam, a varied diet of fresh green vegetables spread into two small meals, a treat ball with some little bits of chopped apple in which he can roll around to get them out and some cardboard tubes (toilet roll or kitchen roll ones) stuffed with some yummy hay and a couple of other things like a grass mat and willow balls to chew - ideally a mate helps to control this sort of thing which I personally think is largely boredom. What he is definately not is naughty although he may be attention seeking yes - I probably would if I were him, a year is a long time to be alone with all his hormones, try to remain patient and understanding, have alook on here at some of the toys, baskets, mats etc

It will take a while for his hormones to settle even when he is neutered, personally I would get rid of the cage and extend the puppy pen x3 of those panels you have now or at least cover it so it's like a tent and provides a draft free area to relax having it all open doesn't really give him an area to feel covered in which is another instinct they enjoy being able to satisfy.:)

www.thehayexperts.co.uk

unfortunately i can extend the pen further and get rid of the cage cause i know if i do this he will continue to pee on everything despite him being litter trained and will carry on digging on the duvet cover which is one of the biggest problems. i would also need a another duvet cover which i cant get hold of another one not got much money and the money i do have left it to save up for his neautering. under the duvet cover i have a shower curtian which hes already got a hold of once dont know why hes interested in shower curtians.

this is all so annoying lol. i hope he is better when he is neautered.

unfortunately i can extend the pen further and get rid of the cage cause i know if i do this he will continue to pee on everything despite him being litter trained and will carry on digging on the duvet cover which is one of the biggest problems. i would also need a another duvet cover which i cant get hold of another one not got much money and the money i do have left it to save up for his neautering. under the duvet cover i have a shower curtian which hes already got a hold of once dont know why hes interested in shower curtians.

this is all so annoying lol. i hope he is better when he is neautered.
Have you tried charity shops? I got a single duvet cover (not the duvet just the cover) for £1 at a charity shop. A cuddley teddy bear might be something for him to play with/cuddle/hump/destroy too again you can get these v cheaply but keep an eye if he does destroy it there are no sharp bits

Have you tried charity shops? I got a single duvet cover (not the duvet just the cover) for £1 at a charity shop. A cuddley teddy bear might be something for him to play with/cuddle/hump/destroy too again you can get these v cheaply but keep an eye if he does destroy it there are no sharp bits

ill try there next chance i get thank u :)

Back