• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm too impatient

Alicia

Mama Doe
I've been asking my Mum for a rabbit since May and she finally said yes just after Christmas, but she said I can get them in March. Time goes so slowly! In the past week I've already decided what hutch to get, what food I'll feed my rabbits on, and what bedding to use, as well as what breed of rabbit I'm looking for. So now I've managed to organize all that in a week, now I sit and wait for 2 months :lol:
I'm sooo excited!! :D

I started off wanting a lop - i now have a lionhead x, a wildie x and a 'normal' black bun - I chose none of them, they sort of chose to live with me :lol:

Bet you are counting the days......:)

I started off wanting a lop - i now have a lionhead x, a wildie x and a 'normal' black bun - I chose none of them, they sort of chose to live with me :lol:

Bet you are counting the days......:)

I really am counting the days in my signature :lol: I know it will probably change and the right rabbit is more important than the breed it is but I couldn't decide between mini lops and netherland dwarfs and I think I'd prefer mini lops. Or one of each :lol:

This hutch (but the 6ft one)
http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=22
Straw and hay as bedding (but if that doesn't work then megazorb)
Wagg Optimum for the food
and I'd like to get mini lops :)

If you are planning to go to Bobtails to adopt rabbits, I believe that they will want you to have an attatched run to your hutch. The same company do the same hutch over a 6 x 4 run which I believe will be agreeable by them. Do contact bobtails in a few weeks time to check up on their rehoming criteria before you spend your money on it.

If you are planning to go to Bobtails to adopt rabbits, I believe that they will want you to have an attatched run to your hutch. The same company do the same hutch over a 6 x 4 run which I believe will be agreeable by them. Do contact bobtails in a few weeks time to check up on their rehoming criteria before you spend your money on it.

I've emailed them and they said I need a 6x4 run, I have already got a run but I don't know if it's big enough, so I'm going to find out and if it isn't I'll buy the hutch and run together :)

im so excited for you! and youve done so much research which is great :)

bobtails are brilliant, lots of knowledge and help - if you live close to them you can buy black bin sacks of really good quality bale hay from them too (or there is a farm close-ish so you get your own bale - can give you details if you like? just PM me)

I sort of found i was just drawn to bunnies and tho i had the intention of wanting something specific i find that im attracted to a bunny and once i meet them and have them in my arms know if we will be friends :D

My friends got horses and she said that if I want I can buy hay from her. I've got guinea-pigs and I normally buy their hay from the pet shop but it's not very good hay so it will be good to be able to get them and the rabbits better hay :)

I have 4 baby buns needing rehomed end of feb... but could wait till march :p
Need amazing homes for them so trying to get Ru members to steal them from me :)
They're Harlequin x dutch and sooooo beautiful :) Easy to bond too as they'll only be babies ;)
Obviously won't be neutered but will be vacc'd :D

They sound perfect but unfortunately I live about 4 hours away from you and Mum doesn't really want to travel far :(

Not Mini Lops, but these beautiful boys are looking for a home ;). They are vacced and neutered.

062.jpg

065-1.jpg

They have been here since October, so may easily still be here then.
They are so fun to watch! They can be quite comical at times!

I've just had a look on your website and they do sound great, I know I can get rabbits in March but I don't know where my Mum will want to travel to, and she said she wants to talk about getting rabbits nearer the time so I might have to wait a while to ask her whether or not I could get to Essex.

They sound perfect but unfortunately I live about 4 hours away from you and Mum doesn't really want to travel far :(

We could easily do a bunny run :D Shall get some pics up for you anyway! I'm not charging for them as simply dying for them to go to a wonderful home :D Shall get some pics up within the next hour :D
Your heart may melt though ... :)

I've just had a look on your website and they do sound great, I know I can get rabbits in March but I don't know where my Mum will want to travel to, and she said she wants to talk about getting rabbits nearer the time so I might have to wait a while to ask her whether or not I could get to Essex.

I actually live in Surrey, in Kingston, so could always bring them to Kingston with me from Essex where they are if that was a problem.

If they are still here when your mum is ready to talk, and you are interested in them, let me know, as I am more than happy to bring them to Kingston.

We also have Holly and Pudding on the website, and by March, they will be able to be outdoor bunnies, as the weather will be much warmer :love:

Back