• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remembering Hugs

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
My ex boyfriend's little brother who I still call my brother-in-law was bought two little rabbits. He's very good with animals. He called the two sisters Hugs and Cuddles. :love:

Hugs is gray and white and Cuddles is ginger and white.

picture092.jpg

picture091.jpg

picture090.jpg

As you will probably not be surprised to hear Hugs was actually a boy and they had babies.

picture009.jpg

picture010.jpg

*sad bit*

A neighbour's husky escaped and got into their garden and ripped off the front of Cuddles' hutch while she still had the babies. She valiantly attacked it but was killed. :( She saved all her babies bar one.

They all went to lovely homes and his auntie kept one baby, Ruby, one of the white ones (I can't tell which).

*end of sad bit*

When I moved in with them I was rabbitless. I took to Hugs straight away and loved him and looked after him as if he were my own. Here he is in his favourite place.

picture003.jpg

In February 2007 there were severe gail force winds. He was out in the garden and a portion of the fence blew off. When I went to check on him he was nowhere to be seen. My brother-in-law was at school and I felt so awful that I'd let him down.

I ran around the whole neighborhood calling him and looking everywhere with no luck. I made posters and put them all over on every lamppost in the area. I rang all the vets and then the pet shops. And then I rang the RSPCA... and they had him! He'd been found standing in the middle of the road growling at cars. They brought him back to us and after I'd finished giving him lots of cuddles and they'd asked if the area was secure now they left him with us.

Epilogue.

Hugs lived happily after that, but a few days later I got a phone call. A woman had seen the posters I'd put up and because I had gone to so much trouble to get my rabbit back she said I must be a good owner and would I take her rabbit. She had to move house and couldn't keep him. :roll:

I thought about it very carefully and then said yes. She brought over hay, food and a big cardboard box. And in the box was....

Grimlock. :)

that is a really lovely post - sad but warming all in one.

i love the clip of grimlock playing with the washing too :D

that is a really lovely post - sad but warming all in one.

i love the clip of grimlock playing with the washing too :D

Thank you. He was such a character. :love:
And without him I wouldn't have found Grim.

Back