• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo again :(

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
He seems to be going down the same path as last week. Still eating a little but not as much enthusiam. I still have some Metacam, Zantac and Lactulose left. Should I give him a dose of them tonight? Will be calling the vets in the morning :(

Sorry to see this. :( I'll let someone more experinced answer your question though. How long exactly has he been a bit off his food?

Just today really :( I really didn't want to put him through the stress of being caught and given medicine again or being taken to the vets but I might have to.

He didn't :( and I am so stupid that I didn't ask.

All he said on Wednesday is that I should see an improvement in 24 hours and if he still wasn't well on Friday I should bring him back.

You're not stupid, not at all.

If he were mine I would be inclined to call the emergency vet and just get the ok to give him the meds at the dosages he had before.

My vet tells me to give Metacam at any sign of any problem, so I do, but the times I have felt I needed to give, say Sub Q fluids, for example, despite having the stuff here, I have called and asked just to check its ok.

He didn't :( and I am so stupid that I didn't ask.

All he said on Wednesday is that I should see an improvement in 24 hours and if he still wasn't well on Friday I should bring him back.

Don't blame yourself - I always forget to ask the vet something, or forget to give a piece of information that might have been useful. There do seem to have been a lot of buns not quite themselves recently. Sending nomming vibes for Milo.

Don't blame yourself - I always forget to ask the vet something, or forget to give a piece of information that might have been useful. There do seem to have been a lot of buns not quite themselves recently. Sending nomming vibes for Milo.

Must be the week for buns to not eat or poop properly! I've got alice on gut mobility drugs and metacam and shes been going in for painkiller injections, although it stresses her out it's the only way round it for us at the moment. I would agree with the above that you would be best to double check with the vets via phone, it can sometimes take longer than 24 hrs of meds to get everything back on track.

Hope he picks up soon hun. Vibes xxx

I think i'd worry if there was an underlying cause to the GI slowdown / stasis now :(

Poor Milo, lots and lots of vibes.

I think i'd worry if there was an underlying cause to the GI slowdown / stasis now :(

Poor Milo, lots and lots of vibes.

I was kinda thinking that and not liking to say ... keeping up vibes that he is soon back to his usual self! xx

Not sure, but I'd ask the vet when you go back if there are any possibilities. Apologies if I've already asked this, but have there been any changes to his environment? Is he eating anything at all?

Not sure, but I'd ask the vet when you go back if there are any possibilities. Apologies if I've already asked this, but have there been any changes to his environment? Is he eating anything at all?

The only change to his environment is an addition of a puppy pen to extend his cage. He still has the same amount of free range time but a lot more room when he has to be in his cage.

He has had a little carrot and is now having a little nom of some hay.

The only change to his environment is an addition of a puppy pen to extend his cage. He still has the same amount of free range time but a lot more room when he has to be in his cage.

He has had a little carrot and is now having a little nom of some hay.

That sounds promising. :) Maybe he's just had a run of off days ... but with the way bunny insides are designed they really need to keep nomming. Keep an eye on the poos. I'm becoming quite obsessed by Spenser's poos. :oops:

What could be some of the underlying causes? His teeth were checked on Wednesday and they are fine.

When you say they were checked, were they just checked while he was awake? If so, they can't be 100% checked unless they are 'out' so to speak.

Also, i wouldnt say just teeth, it could be so many things :(

Biscuit, as an example went into stasis because i was upset and angry and he picked up on that.

Could be so many things :(

Sorry all who gave me excellent advice on Sunday evening. I meant to come back yesterday to update you all but I got all caught up in the events happening back at home in Australia that I didn't get the chance.

So anyway he seems back to himself properly now. Eating, pooping and binkying around :)

Back