• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rare colours of bunnies...?

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
My cousin has a male bunny living with a female guinea pig :roll: He's not neutered despite my many many attempts to convince them to do this because he's a 'rare colour for a male' and they might have a litter to sell :roll: :roll: :roll:

He's a standard male dwarf lop and is like a tan/orangy colour. Could they be correct? I highly doubt it and would love to give them hard evidence!!! Even if they did breed him how the hell would they be guaranteed the colour anyway :roll:

Last edited:
the main thing here is to get them to seperate the poor pig from the bunny
A male bun that's not neutered will mount and not only will this cause great stress to the piggie but could result in a broken back and/or internal injuries
if they care more for the "rare" rabbit also explain that we have had animals given in where buns have been kept with pigs and the rabbits have had abcesses on their underside where they have flopped down on the pig and the only thing the pig can do is bite

PLEASE get them to seperate ASAP

Even if it was a rare colour, they would have to find a female with the similar genes and colour lines in her history to breed with, which is pointless.

Have you seen the rabbit?

Is it this colour?

158.jpg

Or are we talking one of the varieties of tort?

Or like a thrianta colour?

Or a variety of harlequin?

The bunny is a very similar colour to that one, maybe a little darker.

Honeybunny - they had the bunny first alone for ages and then about months ago she put on her status about getting a pig, I told her all the facts, that she should consider a second bunny after he was neutered etc etc etc but nothing worked and they went to P@H and got a piggie :(

I told her everything I know but she justified it by sayinh loads of their friends have them together and it's 'fine'.

I have honestly tried all sorts but she will not listen to me. She does look after her pets well in other aspects but is very stubborn on this matter :?

The bunny is a very similar colour to that one, maybe a little darker.

Honeybunny - they had the bunny first alone for ages and then about months ago she put on her status about getting a pig, I told her all the facts, that she should consider a second bunny after he was neutered etc etc etc but nothing worked and they went to P@H and got a piggie :(

I told her everything I know but she justified it by sayinh loads of their friends have them together and it's 'fine'.

I have honestly tried all sorts but she will not listen to me. She does look after her pets well in other aspects but is very stubborn on this matter :?

If its the same as that bunny then that's not rare. Its not as common as some colours, but there are plenty of orange bunnies around, and plenty of bunnies who are orange butterflies who carry the orange gene.

If its the thrianta colour then that is very uncommon. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...l=en&biw=1366&bih=582&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&itbs=1

He's not the thrianta colour, I'm pretty sure. I'm going to post a pic of him in General Chat with ref to this thread, just so she doesn't come across it, I'll delete shortly afterwards.

That was the tort I mentioned about :) The OP has a tort butterfly in her pic, so she may have recognised it. there are four varieties of tort though, but they all have darker points.

He's just your beautiful, but basic orange lop. Uncommon, but not rare. There's plenty of them about.

That was the tort I mentioned about :) The OP has a tort butterfly in her pic, so she may have recognised it. there are four varieties of tort though, but they all have darker points.

Is Wilm a tort butterfly? :D Awwww, knew he was broken butterfly but didn't know the actual name :D

Maybe we should produce a thread for people with orange bunnies and orange butterfly bunnies. Then you can use it to show how its not rare.

Back