• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tempting foods for buns off food??

Lu_x

Mama Doe
Hi, as I'm sure I've made everyone aware far too frequently these last few days one of my buns Alice is not doing to well after a dental and spay done on Thursday and she's not eating much for herself.

I am syringe feeding her but I was just wondering what others have found have tempted their buns in this kind of scenario?

She will nom curly kale like there is no tomorrow and she'll eat little tiny pieces of hay, dried grass and dried herbs like plantain. She's really not eating the dried bits in great quantities though. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks xx

Grass, a lot of grass whenever mine have been not feeling wonderful.

Also, the fresh green herbs like basil, parsley (flat and curly). Also, carrot tops seem to be a hit too.

Mine do tend to start with grass if they are feeling rough though.

Thank you both for responding so quickly! I have tried her on parsley, yesterday she ate one sprig but today its not soemthing she wants on her menu! I shall try getting her some fresh grass and dandilions, I was unsure about giving her fresh grass, but now I know I'll nip out and get her some from my garden!

Thanks again xx

Was it curly or flat leaf parsley you tried? Spenser will only eat flat leaf (which I believe is slightly lower in calcium). Spenser - who must be one of the fussiest bunnies on RU - will also nom finely sliced green/savoy cabbage (only the very green outer leaves), but I believe this can upset some bunnies digestions so it might not be the best thing to try with Alice. Rocket might also be worth a try.

Basil, parsley, chamomile, alfafa hay. Hope she starts eating soon.

I've tried her with hay with camomile in and she just twiddles bits of it rather than eating it! But I have just been out and bought some alfalfa, I'll try her with that in a while, I've got her eating some mixed dried herbs and some coltsfoot at the moment so I won't disturb her!

I've tried her with hay with camomile in and she just twiddles bits of it rather than eating it! But I have just been out and bought some alfalfa, I'll try her with that in a while, I've got her eating some mixed dried herbs and some coltsfoot at the moment so I won't disturb her!

Yay for any eating!

Ella's Kitchen do some great baby foods. Theres a carrot & veg one and an apple & banana that I use to give mine medicine in - they go absolutely wild for it. Good for tempting them to eat as it smells nice to them and even if mouths are sore or whatever, they dont need to chew it, just lick :D

Back