• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know a magic way to get your rabbits in their cage?

fayem88

Warren Scout
Normally i dont have an issue but tonight they just dont want to go in. I have given them hay, fresh veg, tried a few biccys but all attempts have failed!! I ve had my sister over this evening and they know when someone else is in the flat besides me and my boyfriend so im thinking this may be why although shes now gone. Help!! :cry:

haha thing is i dont really want to leave them out over night as were renting and im pretty sure they would end up chewing part of the furniture!

sneak up and put a laundrey basket over them. ;) Then wait a few seconds, lift it up really fast and scoop up the bunny! Just do that for them both. ;) I had to do that to catch Tink in the garden.... :roll: :lol:

so was i (still am!). eric only chewed wires at the old house though if i'd left them within reach. he likes a good nibble on the skirting boards at the house we're in now though:oops: fortunately for me they're all stripped wood so i can sand and wax them;)

Bribery
Or, leave them for a bit and ignore them (with food in the cage), they will think you're leaving them alone and hop in to munch, you dash back in!
That's usually how I get Jenson into his carrier, put it in and leave it there, then put food in and leave him for a minute!

Good luck.

Pretend you forgot all about them and just wonder around til you get close and then scoop um up. The trick is to not look like your planning on nabbing them ;)

Interesting ... laundry basket is no good though once Spenser installs himself under the couch. It's one of his favourite places. :roll:

Pretend you forgot all about them and just wonder around til you get close and then scoop um up. The trick is to not look like your planning on nabbing them ;)

Agree!! My two are so good at reading body language!! And MINDS !!!! :shock:

I walk over to their treat cupboard & they are both in the cage before I have the door open.Whats really funny is half the time I dont want them in their cage so have to get them OUT with treats!!!!lol

When I cut down Pierre's pellets he started to love the sound of rustling and food its like he is always hungry. He usually jumps in after the food or when hes thirsty

When I cut down Pierre's pellets he started to love the sound of rustling and food its like he is always hungry. He usually jumps in after the food or when hes thirsty

we used to do thiss with rosie and mowgli mum thought it was good, especially when i was away she found it easy to put them to bed by rustling a bag of food :lol:

we used to do thiss with rosie and mowgli mum thought it was good, especially when i was away she found it easy to put them to bed by rustling a bag of food :lol:

Yeah its great now :) he used to be so grumpy but now hes so obsessed with food that he doesn't even hear the cage door :lol:

Back