• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hut/Igloo

Alicia

Mama Doe
Where can I get an igloo or hut that's big enough for rabbits? The only ones I can find in the pet shop near me are guinea-pig sized and I'd like one that's big enough for a mini lop rabbit

Not sure whether you've seen this one but I'd say it would be big enough for a small mini lop. It's a good size for my Pipkin (nethie). I thought it was too small for Ruby but somehow they both manage to squeeze in... :lol::lol:

IMG_1582.jpg

What about a carrier? In the summer mine go out in the run on the grass for some of the day and I always take them down in their carrier and just take the door off and leave it in there for them to hide in if they wish.

Last edited:
I think I'd put the cat carrier in the run but I'd like something for the hutch and I don't really want to put the carry box in the hutch because it would take up a lot of space. I'll have a look at the link, thank you :)

You could look at covered cat litter trays - I use one in a run. It is not watertight in heavy rain but does a good job otherwise. About £10 from local pet supplier.

I also have some green cat igloos in the runs. They are really good outside as they are one moulded piece of tough plastic, but expensive at around £50. Seen them in in P@H, Jolleyes, garden centres. They are usually up on the very top shelves at ceiling height round here. There are the rounded / arch top ones or the square-based pyramid roof ones.

If you want something as just a lid, some plastic stacking drawer type boxes have a nice big dip in the front. Turn it upside down and you have a nice bunny igloo. Wilkinsons / B&Q?

Back