• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny cough while drinking from bottle

Jenson

Mama Doe
Hello

While Jenson was drinking from his water bottle, he stopped, coughed once and then started drinking again. This was an hour or so ago (I couldn't get onto the forum) and he hasn't done it again since and I've never heard him do it before.

He has had the odd sneeze recently, but just one or two and I think its from the hay because my current pack has some very small pieces.

His nose looks fine and his front legs look clean (as far as I can see because he won't let me pick him up).

Am I being a panic head?

:wave:, i'm not a bunny expert but didn't want to read and run, maybe your buns drank a little too fast for himself. I've never heard a bun cough before so I wouldn't be able to tell you if something is wrong. Sorry. Hope the little one is ok though :)

Did it sound like a chokey cough? Which case, he probably drank too fast. Delila used to do it all the time, whatever she drank out of!

It was weird, made me jump, but just sounded like a normal cough, not that I know what a normal cough on a bunny sounds like.

He keeps stretching too. Kind of like a cat, with his back legs out, stretches and then moves on.

Nutmeg makes a funny noise after drinking sometimes. It's the way she sneezes but it sounds a lot like she's retching (which obviously she isn't :oops:).

It was weird, made me jump, but just sounded like a normal cough, not that I know what a normal cough on a bunny sounds like.

He keeps stretching too. Kind of like a cat, with his back legs out, stretches and then moves on.

Pierre does this, and then slides back, hes always done it and happy to do it, it gives him a good stretch. Please don't worry about that it shows hes comfy and happy to stretch in that environment :)

Thanks everyone, what would I do without the RU calm voices sometimes.
There have been no more coughs all evening. Hopefully there won't be anymore. Haven't had any more sneezes today either, so I think thats just hay.

Back