• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis - help

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Sebastian is still very up and down, last night and this morning he was doing really well so I decided to reduce his pain killer, metacam and stop his zantac.

It's been 2 weeks on Monday, do I need to take him back to the vets? I will up his meds again

Sorry Sebastian is not doing so well. :( I'd take him back to the vet if he was mine. If he finds vet trips stressful maybe phone and ask to speak to the vet who deals with him in case there is anything else you could do for him at home.

He is so confussing!

He is slow with his eating (he will have one mouthful in the time Mae has 3) he is still some what lathargic and spends alot of time sat in the corner but I do see him running around and binkying.
His interest for food seems to come and go, this morning he was straight into the pellets (as withfriday evening and Saturday morning) but last night I didn't seem him go over at all, not even for spring greens! It takes him a while to go over, I leave the room at sit in a doorway to watch and it can take a min before he goes over, so most of the time he is eating. I've not seen him eat hay but have seen him in the litter tray. He is passing poo, sometimes joined up 'bracelets' so am keeping ontop of his grooming and maes.
Meds - he is getting 0.2ml of metacam, 1ml of metaclop, 1/4 ml Zantac in the morning and 0.4ml of metacam, 1ml of metaclop and 1/4ml of Zantac in the evening. Sometimes I do give him 0.2ml of metaclop during the day so he only gets 0.2ml at night, depends on his pain levels

Please take him to the vet for a check, I unfortunately know stasis: Chloe had 2 in a year and each time I dashed to the vet who kept her in the clinics for force-feeding and rehydration, plus medicine to keep motility of the gut till she was fine to return home.. so if your rabbit does not look his normal self again please have him checked.. He should eat normally, slow eating means he is not ok yet, good vibes and please keep us informed..

Did Sebastian have his teeth checked?

I think I would be phoning the vets for advice if I was you. Hope you can get him sorted quickly x

He's had his teeth checked 3 times now, twice with the normal thing and once with this thing that spreads open in his mouth :/ he's also throwing food at me like greens and crunchies :/ my vet insists his teeth are okay

He has been eating and acting REALLY well today! And he only got 0.1ml of metacam and 0.5ml of metaclop this am! Off to give him his night time dose in a little while :) thankyou for the vibes :love:

Back