• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shed pics

weeble

A member had asked for some pics of my set up inc the cat flap and shelf so here we are. I have a shelf approx 2ft deep across the width of the shed made from plywood and covered with lino tiles
DSCN0080.jpg

DSCN0081.jpg

The shelf is held in place with wooden legs attached to the existing wooden struts of the shed wall. There are much nicer and more complex set ups on here but mine is very basic and most single women with common sense and a few tools could make it
DSCN0085.jpg

There is a small channel cut into the wooden struts to house the 'cat flap'
DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0083.jpg

and a small hole drilled in the shelf to allow the wire hook to hook onto a nail (no sharp edges) and hold it open
DSCN0084.jpg

Finished with lots of hay :D
DSCN0087.jpg

You have to excuse the wet patches we have had either snow or rain here every day for as long as I can remember :cry:

Love it...am always looking at others sheds / runs etc for inspiration, 'cos I'm always 'improving' on what I've got. Here I'm well interested in the insulation as I've put none in mine as yet. (Although thry've been sitting OUTSIDE in the run during the artic blast! ) What's been used?
Anyhow, shed looks nice and sturdy and I like the shelf. Mine like to jump up high and I think that's valuble exersize. :D

Love it...am always looking at others sheds / runs etc for inspiration, 'cos I'm always 'improving' on what I've got. Here I'm well interested in the insulation as I've put none in mine as yet. (Although thry've been sitting OUTSIDE in the run during the artic blast! ) What's been used?
Anyhow, shed looks nice and sturdy and I like the shelf. Mine like to jump up high and I think that's valuble exersize. :D

Its meant to be loft insulation really its a double layer of bubble wrap with foil either side. I bought it off ebay. The ideal would be to board the whole shed out and insulate between the shed walls and the boarding but I havent ever got around to it

Back