• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

people with rescues - referred aggression

Leigh

Mama Doe
just out of curiosity - what do you do about setting up your bunny houses if the bunnies show referred aggression?

someone (cant remember who) mentioned it in another thread and i wondered how difficult it makes it for you to accommodate your bunnies :D

you ca put a screen in between them..aslong as they cannot see the other pair it usually works
Also handle the pair who show the aggression first..try not to go to them smelling of other rabbits

Ah, I've just worked out what referred aggression actually means. :oops: I do always wash my hands before and after visiting my friend's rabbit. :)

:Dwe had a bonded pair , a doe and a buck ...we also had a single doe... then the single doe died:cry: we decided to get another doe that needed to be on her own:D we got a french lop doe...the 2 does HATED each other with a passion:cry: so we put up a cardboard barrier and when they were ok with the barrier we took off a couple of cms off the top ... left it a week or so till they were ok with that ...then took off another couple of cms...
this went on for quite a while but after a time they could see each other ,without wanting to kill each other:D
it takes time and patience ,, but it works;)

i was just curious as it must be so hard, with different bunnies coming in at different times it must be difficult to keep on having to rearrange your setups if it happens :D

I am not a rescue but have 22 buns and there is quite a bit of chopping and changing of neighbours - and also they can all see the others when they have 'lawn time'.

As long as it is only chasing we let it go as establishing dominance of your partner on seeing anorher male/female bun around is a natural part of bunny behaviour. Keeps them occupied!!

Back