• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vegetable juice?

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Just back from the vet with Spenser. Vet recommended pineapple juice, and also a vegeatable juice - I can't remember the name of it but will hopefully recognise it if I see it in the supermarket. Anyone used something like this? I'd have to dip a piece of veg in the juice to make sure Spenser had any of it.

What was the bunnies problem? My vet recommended V8 vegetable juice and pineapple juice for Oakley when he is in GI stasis.

You could always phone the surgery and ask as it is easy to forget what the vet says when you are under stress during an appointment.

Hope Spencer is OK x

Spenser had been a bit off his food for a couple of days and I was anxious in case he went into stasis (he has been there before). He's OK, the vet says, but has been given a vitamin B12 injection to stimulate appetite. He's always been a fussy eater. :roll: 'V8' sounds right - there was definitely a V in it.

I love V8 but I would never give it to a rabbit- it's very salty (the original one is anyway, I don't know about the other flavours xx

I love V8 but I would never give it to a rabbit- it's very salty (the original one is anyway, I don't know about the other flavours xx

Hmmm - I wonder if the salt content is why it's recommended. The salt can break down any compacted masses inside the gut + absorb water thus inducing the animal to drink more. Well that's how it works in horses anyway :lol:

Well, given Spenser's reaction to the pineapple juice I'm not sure if we're ready for another experiment yet. :roll:

Mine have cranberry & raspberry every morning mixed 50/50 with water, Lil is on medication (metacam and baytril) at the moment so i slip that in it and she's none the wiser and its gone in seconds, but the little snobs will only have ocean spray, they refuse shops own brands!!

Back