• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionheads - do I need to groom?

weeble

This is Evies first winter outside and she is MUCH fluffier than last winter when she was indoors.

With the other buns I have pretty much left them to it and they have sorted out their own moult. Evie is single maned but she is very fluffy all over and I am wondering if I should start brushing her? What do other fluffy bun owners do?

I think it depends on the rabbit. I have to groom two of my fosters, but I don't have to grom Wish, so maybe see how she gets on?

I groomed my lionhead Simba when she was younger as it seemed like too much for her and I was worried she wouldn't quite keep on top. But as she got older she started to manage it better - now I only groom her occasionally because she likes it :)

Just keep an eye out because mats are annoyingly hard to get out of mains without cutting them!:?

I groom Fuzzy every other day just to make sure she hasnt got any mats or nots etc. Usually she doesnt :D She sits very still for us and is a good girl :love:

I'm having to groom bothnof mine, and they are nethies! Worth a go, I was shocked how much floof came out of them

I have always detangled her mane with my fingers and she is quite happy with this I think she knows I am helping - I will just keep an eye on here thanks guys :D

I just pull Paddy's tufty bits out when they're sticking out. He hates being held so brushing him would be near impossible :roll:

He's only really got fluffy cheeks and tufty bits between his ears so it's not too bad

It depends on the bunny. I have Strawbs who is a lionhead and luckily I dont need to groom him.

Whereas Bungle who is a cashmere lop needs daily grooming to keep his coat nice.

I don't groom Ruby but I run my fingers through to get rid of tangles sometimes. That doesn't seem to happen too often though.
Her mane gets sooo thick in winter! In summer it's hardly there at all.

Back