• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lino- Is it hygenic to leave clear- Bedding Free?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I was wondering if i take the newspaper out of the hutch and just have lino and wipe round it twice daily, is this hygienic for the buns?

They have underbed storage boxes and litter trays for there megazorb and hay. I'm trying to minimize bedding as i have a massive backlog of waste after using bales and bales of hay to bed the hutches down.

Does anyone else leave the lino clear of everything?

Alternatively i was thinking a layer of megazorb- although I'm trying to encourage them not to poo on the floor and use the trays, and i think anything on the floor encourages them to use the floor as a toliet.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

I don't see a problem with that - I have just lino and hay. He makes a bed with the hay in his "nest box" time box then there is a litter tray that he uses if I don't let him out in the garden on time. :lol:

As long as they are littertrained I don't see it being a problem.

It's the same with Louie, really, he just has the floor of our house, we don't put any megazorb all over that!

I dont see any problem with that.

My guys dont have anything on their floor, apart from the occasional small rug,.... we have wooden floors (houserabbits). I dont see why it would be any different! :)

I only put litter in their litter tray. The hutch floors are vinyl/lino and they don't go toilet on them. I think putting litter down would just encourage them to go toilet there. I only have to clean the vinyl flooring once a week.

Mine have carpet with a vet bed to snuggle on downstairs in the hutch (plus a hooded litter tray with fleece blankets in) - and upstairs in the 'landing' they have no bedding at all.

In the 'bedroom' area they have a very deep high tray filled with hay, the bedroom is lined with vet bed, and soft white paper bedding to snuggle in.

Generally i find the odd poo in other depts, but in the main it is only where the hay or white bedding is!

I only have a litter tray on the lino i the playhoue, the buns do the odd poop outside of it but not wee. I put down a rugs and mats in this weather as the floor can get cold.

Thanks all.

It's working very well- there are quite a few droppings outside the tray, but nothing that can't be sweeping up in under a minute.

It's a great time saver doing things this way for sure. Once i have the lino edging fitted, it will be even more effective.

The buns seem happier too having the option of sitting on hay or lino, rather than having to sit on hay.

Thanks again.

Thanks all.

It's working very well- there are quite a few droppings outside the tray, but nothing that can't be sweeping up in under a minute.

It's a great time saver doing things this way for sure. Once i have the lino edging fitted, it will be even more effective.

The buns seem happier too having the option of sitting on hay or lino, rather than having to sit on hay.

Thanks again.

Yeah my bunnies like having the option of sitting on the lino. I think it must be a bit cooler.

Back